Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Brutal Doom 64 is up for an award at "The Game Awards"

In fact, no mod did because Nintendo probably sent a bunch of C&Ds their way because of AM2R and Pokemon Uranium, which left the choice between just two possibilities.

And since a lot of people already voted, I guess they just blew that category off.

Well that's a shame. :(
But the fact it was nominated makes me proud to be part of the Doom modding scene.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

I take it I am not the only one around who do not despise Sergeant_Mark_IV after all.

(Not that I cannot understand why many would, mind you.)

I try to separate the person from the mod.
I like Brutal Doom and BD64.
Does not affect my enjoyment because of whatever sarge does in his free time.

Officer D said:

The fact that Neccronixis weapons weren't designed as centered weapons is nothing I would call a major flaw. I don't feel bothered by it, not even in the slightest. Same goes for Project MSX weapons. I would even consider it stupid looking if they were centered. So nope, I still can't find any major flaws.

That's because you're blind.

jazzmaster9 said:

I try to separate the person from the mod. I like Brutal Doom and BD64. Does not affect my enjoyment because of whatever sarge does in his free time.

So do I, but I can see why other would not.

At some point you can't separate artist from artwork if they're nefarious enough. Like, I don't think I could continue listening to a musician if I found out they were a child molester or a neo-nazi. Mark simply has poor online social etiquette and that's not really enough to justify avoiding his mods.

Another thing you have to remember is that art is an expression of oneself, like a part of someone placed out before the world. Disliking a person makes it hard not to dislike an extension of themselves.

Bummer about AM2R being disqualified, even though I fully realize why it happened.
Guy behind it really deserves some sort of award/wider recognition for his work, and the quality of it.