Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

your play time in the level slowly balloons well beyond SUCKS as you find yourself continually stopping at every book, reading the lore of the demons. When you think maybe you should get back into the fray, you spot another novel that catches your eye. You don't fight monsters because its your goal, you fight them because they try to stop you from reading your books.

this map seems like a dangerous map for those who happen to like literature

InsanityBringer said:

You don't fight monsters because its your goal, you fight them because they try to stop you from reading your books.

I just imagine Doomguy sitting down with his gear scattered about, deep into the pages of a thick, skin-bound book. An Imp or something sees him in this situation, and thinks it's going to get the drop on him. Doomguy just casually shoots the demon with his shotgun, keeping one hand on the pages, and then keeps reading.

I laughed my ass off thinking about this, and how it could apply to a lot of Doom 3 / DOOM players and their PDAs/Codexes. All those demons just stop and wait on those characters to finish reading whatever entry they have before they attack.

Nice effect that makes me wonder, are the circular holes in the ceiling actually chandeliers rather than windows? :)

FuzzballFox said:

http://i.imgur.com/iGQibAc.png
http://i.imgur.com/VEzz24Y.png
http://i.imgur.com/DIRbNcT.png
Made a sky for you guys- 1024x240 and is completely seamless! :D
Here's the true-colour pic if you want that too~
http://i.imgur.com/t0q9cCp.png

You know. kind to think of it, I'm going back to doom wad creativity, I always thought I would use one of those sky textures for one of my wads?

RonLivingston said:

You know. kind to think of it, I'm going back to doom wad creativity, I always thought I would use one of those sky textures for one of my wads?

Please do! I'm happy to see textures I've made being put to good use- sure as hell not going to be ME using 'em :P

Throwback Wednesday. Nothing new, but apparently I posted these exactly a year ago. Time sure flies. Makes me want to pick this map back up again D:

axdoom1 said:

Can you find what's wrong in this picture?

The doomguy's hand seems strange to me, in comparison on how pixelated is the other doomguy.

Zapzop said:

Looks really good, though the pillars could be red instead of grey to fit in the theme.

^ I'd argue against that. I find the contrast the various greys and browns produce against the red is what makes the scene stand out to me. I'd keep the red as an accent colour if it were my map.

scifista42 said:

The transparent pixel in the gray marine's arm, displaying the blue carpet through it.

Actually, that's an error in the original IWADs. I still maintain that he replaced the sky with a similar looking one.

Angry Saint said:

The doomguy's hand seems strange to me, in comparison on how pixelated is the other doomguy.

Well, of course. The first person view sprites are (vanilla) screen resolution, world sprites are not very high res. Have you, um, ever played Doom before to know this?

Blastfrog said:

Well, of course. The first person view sprites are (vanilla) screen resolution, world sprites are not very high res. Have you, um, ever played Doom before to know this?

Well, I always played single player, so I'm not used in seeing the player sprites.

Memfis said:

Can you pause in multiplayer? I don't remember.

In modern ports, no. Game won't stop for other players. Actually, I think the player punched in axdoom1's picture is just a voodoo doll. That describes why doomguy's mugshot is in a ''being hurt'' state, because he is hurting himself.