Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

"Iron Maiden: Rise of Eddie" - Doom WAD idea

Katamori said:

Well... I don't know. It's an idea only.

I'm not good enough to make this idea into a real project.

Now now don't say that, you've already got a few people interested in this, you could always go from there or it could be your own personal project.

Katamori said:

As I've heard, the third marionette was Dickinson himself on that cover.

Well then they made him wearing the same exact clothes as Eddie, if you look closely at it.

Yes, Maiden rocks. Wanna make some maps inspired in "Powerslave", "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" or "Revelations".

Up the irons!

Archvile78 said:

Like Transylvania could be a small city themed map. Or something like this.

That almost makes me want to grab that map slot and make sure I am the one doing it, if I manage to clone myself and tell my other self to keep mapping.

printz said:

That almost makes me want to grab that map slot and make sure I am the one doing it, if I manage to clone myself and tell my other self to keep mapping.

Oh i'd love to see what you could come up with if you did that.

Is this dead? because i would like to see this be a thing, considering i cant find any other iron maiden based doom wads/mods other than music mods.

CeeJay said:

For further inspiration, you might wanna check out this obscure game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hunter

It's an on-rail shooter where you play a private detective visiting locations depicted on Iron Maiden covers and mentioned in their songs searching for Eddie.

DUDE! I forgot about that game. It came with one of my dad's Iron Maiden albums (can't remember which, probably a "Best of The Beast" or something I'm an idiot, it was the same titled album), and he gave it to me the day I bought Doom 3 back in 2004 (I was 11 or so). Played the fuck out of that game, and became a Maiden fan at the same time. I remember playing Ed Hunter on my jury-rigged PC, living with my dad, and having no furniture in our living room other than a fold out TV and two lawn chairs. Homemade beef jerky, only white kid in the neighborhood, no hot water. Man, we made it so far in the years after that. Crazy how some random game can bring back memories dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCC6D-W80nU

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

That's actually why I would be more in favor of playing as Eddie. Sort of inspired by the Number of the Beast cover where Eddie has a marionette of ***** who has a marionette of Eddie and so on...

The demons from Doom interject themselves over Eddie (attempting to be more vile, evil and wicked than him) and he, as one who does not want to be upstaged, takes the fight to them and it escalates in brutality between the two over who is more so.

Perhaps I've over thought this.

Actually I liked your idea more. C:

Katamori said:

There's a list about the most inspirational Maiden songs for me, which might be the base of the levels:

Transylvania
Phantom of the Opera
Genghis Khan
The Prisoner
The Number of the Beast
Quest for Fire
Flight of Icarus
To Tame a Land
Back in the Village
The Duellists
Powerslave
Aces High
Alexander the Great
Deja Vu
Wasted Years
Mother Russia
No Prayer for the Dying
Childhood's End
Fear of the Dark
Ghost of the Navigator
Out of the Silent Planet
Journeyman
Paschendale
Gates of Tomorrow
Montségur
The Longest Day
Satellite 15... The Final Frontier

How on earth did you forget:

Rime of the Ancient Mariner?

CeeJay said:

For further inspiration, you might wanna check out this obscure game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hunter

It's an on-rail shooter where you play a private detective visiting locations depicted on Iron Maiden covers and mentioned in their songs searching for Eddie.

I know about Ed hunter, i own it. but im just looking for some form of mod based on Iron maiden. Its kind of hard to find.