Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

Yall are doing great work, there are so many awesome textures in this thread. It would be awesome to get a lot of these in wad format. I know Jimmy already has done that for his but it looks like a lot of the other ones are just images or images in a sheet that would require manual cutting :(

BLUDROCK

DOOMSKY

DOORFIR1

DOORFIR2

I've already have a FIREBLU keycard that I've gotten from Obsidian on the Post Your DOOM Picture [part 2] thread

In my job I travel a lot. So I take pics of interesting surfaces around the world, and then I finally bought a wacom tablet instead of painting using the mouse. This allows me to clean up stuff way faster, paint structures as bumpmaps, and even things out etc.

These bricks are based on a wall on Kungsholmen in Stockholm, Sweden. (Nowadays I live in New York though.)

Some of my best textures are done in airports waiting to board flights.

ukiro said:

In my job I travel a lot. So I take pics of interesting surfaces around the world, and then I finally bought a wacom tablet instead of painting using the mouse. This allows me to clean up stuff way faster, paint structures as bumpmaps, and even things out etc.

These bricks are based on a wall on Kungsholmen in Stockholm, Sweden. (Nowadays I live in New York though.)

I see! That's really interesting to read, thanks for sharing :)

ukiro said:

You have an interesting life my friend.

What software are people using to create these textures?

Years ago, I used Paint Shop Pro, as it supported using layers, blend modes, filters, dithering, etc. in 256 colour mode. But when I look nowadays, it seems like all modern graphics editors have dropped support for palettes.

I'm using a combination of Paint Shop Pro 5 and Paint.NET - the former for simple palette-based jobs, and converting more advanced works made with the latter to paletted graphics.

I use the now discontinued Adobe Fireworks CS6, which is ultimately a web designer's best friend. I think I use it for a lot more than it was intended, but it's certainly capable of a hell of a lot.

When using it for textures the main thing I like it for is that it has an exporter where I can reduce my art into the correct palette and save as an 8-bit image.

Could someone make book-shelf varations?For example metal,granite,stone and their border variations. I often see wooden book-shelves in Doom levels.

Some edits (mostly shitty ones I don't know you tell me just)

I may do something with those two vegetated hell walls, but I don't know yet.

Tried to make a bunch of flag textures, inspired by those from Heretic: