Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gifty

SMOOTH DOOM [UPDATE 4/14/20]

Glaice said:

Isn't the point to be more Smooth than put more dazzle on top of what's already a good mod?

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the quick reply. Also, about the missing frame, I don't know what mod combination I was using that was causing it, but it's working properly now. Edit: Oddly enough, it was the blood droplets SD compatibility wad that was making one of the imp frames incomplete.

rileymartin said:

Try Beautiful Doom for the fancy lighting/particle effects.

This is looking pretty good so far, thanks. There's just something about Smooth Doom that I like more, however. Can't put my finger on it.

Love the mod, great work Gifty!

I read through the thread and I still cannot figure out why the SSG has no audio? Well, if I switch to the Doom 64 skin it does, but not the default. Why?

Are you using the SSG in Ultimate Doom? I think sometimes in testing I've noticed it having no sound in pre-Doom2 iwads.

No. I'm using it with Doom2.wad. Tested before and after in GZDoom 2.1.1 Windows 7 and loading Smoothdoom causes the regular SSG to lose audio.

Gifty said:

Are you using the SSG in Ultimate Doom? I think sometimes in testing I've noticed it having no sound in pre-Doom2 iwads.

HEY, I DIDN'T DIE! After a year of silence, I just put out a handful of fixes. Soon I hope to add a new chaingunner variant, and the long-missing Doom64 plasma weapon skins.

-new zombieman death animation
-new rifle pickup sprite by Rifle Marine
-blue bloodspots now disappear in water
-undid recent tweak which caused bloodsplat toggle to remove the xblood actor
-fixed glitchy smooth bobbing on chaingun
-fixed 64 SSG sometimes erroneously having black gloves
-megasphere can now cast dynamic light

Is there a link to the, "Smooth Textures" project? Searching the forums and google only turn up a bunch of stuff about Smooth Doom.

I love this MOD. Everything looks really amazing. Thanks, Gifty.

Awesome! Glad to hear you are still working on Smooth Doom.

BTW What is smooth textures? It's just a PK3 file linked with no readme or description. Googled but didn't find anything relevant.

Smooth textures is an addon that slightly improves some of the animated wall textures and liquid flats, and it improves the intermission screens in Ultimate Doom.

Howdy, I've uploaded a much flashier trailer (with a theme song! That I wrote myself!), and a very small update with the following changes:

-fixed SSG sound not playing in bobstate
-arachnotron plasma now has "sparkly" option

Hey Gifty, any chance to have an option to disable extra gib sprites? I've done this myself through some Slade tinkering but it would be nice as a toggle option. It makes a huge performance difference in slaughtermaps when looking at 500 corpses vs 500 corpses + various bits of them on the ground (or during kills).

Spectre01 said:

Hey Gifty, any chance to have an option to disable extra gib sprites? I've done this myself through some Slade tinkering but it would be nice as a toggle option. It makes a huge performance difference in slaughtermaps when looking at 500 corpses vs 500 corpses + various bits of them on the ground (or during kills).

Yeah, sorry that wasn't in the last update. My plan is to add more gore variety but also make it toggleable for people playing on bigger maps, I just haven't gotten to it yet. Those Doom64 plasma weapons should be next order of business, too.

First of all! Thank you so much for this wonderful mod. It adds a lot of visual fidelity to the game and I appreciate the many options I have to choose from.

I noticed that when I use the Doom 64 SSG I get 2 scripting errors (?) that say, "JUMP TARGET 'BOBBLE64RECOILFIRE' NOT FOUND IN PERKSUPERSHOTGUN' & 'BOBBLE64RECOILCASEFIRE' NOT FOUND IN PERKSUPERSHOTGUN'

I don't notice anything with the animation that seems off.

Thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for the bug catches you guys. I just put up another update nicking some of the stuff I missed last time.

-added option to change muzzleflash style (option created by Almonds!)
-added toggle option for gib effects
-added extra giblet sprites (made by SidDoyle!)
-fixed weird ticrates in black-glove plasma rifle
-fixed Doom64 supershotgun firing slower under certain configurations
-fixed Doom64 supershotgun having some bad state jumps

New version? Cool. Thanks Gifty. This is a mod which has become the standard for me how to play doom.

Thanks, you guys! Also: just put up ANOTHER update, hopefully everything is fixed this time.

-fixed error messages from bad jumpstates in blue/green blood
-fixed error messages from bad jumpstates in BFGflash
-improved alignment on Doom64 flashes
-fixed Rocket Launcher not having 64flash option

Great update Gifty! No more error messages and the gib toggle is awesome.

I would like to report a bug though, that I noticed a while ago. In map01 of Combat Shock 2, the final encounter has a Cyber that's supposed to fire inside the caged arena but his rockets end up not aiming high enough and hitting the barrier with Smooth Doom. So his source of attack seems to be lower than vanilla, or something. :S

I don't keep older copies, sorry! :c
Maybe someone else on the thread has one? You'd have to go back about 2 versions because the gore toggle ACS is probably fucking with your saves.

Hi! This hasn't been updated in a long time! But now it has!

fixes:
-fixed "64muzzeflash" warning messages
-chainsaw can now properly display black gloves
-rifle can now properly display smooth bobbing effect 

changes:
-temporarily disabled weapon skins while I fix up the code and make better sprites (glove color is still an option)
-much improved pistol firing animation (black glove will be updated soon)
-changed brass knuckles back to classic gloveless sprites
-tweaked chaingunner death 2
-changed chaingunner alt skin from "bone face" to "helmet" (frankensprited from Captain J resource)
-significantly lowered the velocity of casings
-significantly lowered the volume of casing sounds
-gib velocity is now randomized

In the op! Also, I've been notified that the rifle sprites disappear sometimes in this release (what a surprise, more issues), I'm going to fix this the next time I can get my computer on wifi.