Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmie

hires textures and zdoomgl

Hey, just so you guys know, the new ZDoomGL is going to have full support for hires textures (ala JDoom). I just got TGA's working last night, and I'll be working on other formats tonight (png, etc).

DooMBoy said:

Um, timmie, I think you posted in the wrong forum, good buddy :P

Umm, well, these people might want to know, too!

DooMBoy said:

Um, timmie, I think you posted in the wrong forum, good buddy :P

Well since FreeDoom has the subproject of making hi res textures I think it applies. :P

boris said:

Um, map01? :)

Dude, I'm a programmer, not a mapper... I don't know any of the texture names :)

I'm curious.. are you doing wall texture replacements by patch (as with the original) or the entire texture?

fraggle said:

I'm curious.. are you doing wall texture replacements by patch (as with the original) or the entire texture?

Entire texture. The logistics of building textures from regular patches and hires patches hurts my head :)

Hey fred, when the heck are you going to finish up on the lost soul sprites? they are cool, and need completeness.

Ouch! Those screenies with the hi res textures look fantastic. Nice one Fredrik and timmie.

The first one, with the Hi-res and low res beside each other really shows off the massive improvement that hi res textures make.