Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomguy1960

the maps from psx and saturn doom on pc

So I have been interested in the psx and saturn exclusive maps of doom and I did some research to see if there were any ports of those maps made for the pc version and I didn't find any exept for the "lost episode" WAD wich I frankly didn't really like.So I stopped caring about those maps for a while until i found the DooD mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dood
And for some reason this mod contains a new episode wich contains five of the maps from psx doom, so my interest was imediately peeked and I extracted the maps from the WAD. But here's the thing all of the maps in DooD are mirrored wich meant that the exclusive maps were mirrored too wich meant that i didn't have the original maps for ultimate doom so I am wondering if the creators of DooD made mirrored versions of the psx maps did they base it of an already existing port of the psx maps for the PC and if so were can i find it.

Thank you but I was looking for a wad that would only add the psx maps without it being a whole psx doom port. Like what DooD did with via domus

You could always try a 32X or Jaguar version of TC since they're all the same levels, anyway. The only unique levels in the Ps1/Saturn versions of Doom would be the Doom 2 levels that had to be watered down for the Ps1.

MetroidJunkie said:

The only unique levels in the Ps1/Saturn versions of Doom would be the Doom 2 levels that had to be watered down for the Ps1.

NOPE. Twilight Descends, Threshold of Pain, The Marshes, The Mansion and Club Doom are all PlayStation/Saturn-exclusive. Twilight Descends in particular is excellent.

I'd mention Redemption Denied, but that's kinda just Dis amped up to 11.