User Control Panel | Member List | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Blogs | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Version 2.135 now released!)
Pages (34): « First ... « 31 32 33 [34]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

One of the files must contain a GAMEINFO that tells to load other files. If you pay attention, PSXDOOM.PK3 isn't the only one that is loaded several times; that also happens to PSXTCMUS.PK3.

So change your shell script to just
code:
./gzdoom -glversion 2 -iwad doom2.wad -file psxdoom/PSXCUSTM.PK3 psxdoom/PSXWSHUD.PK3 psxdoom/PCHUDAR1.PK3 psxdoom/PSXNMARE.PK3 psxdoom/PCSPDKEY.PK3
and see what happens.

Old Post Jan 4 2017 00:27 #
Gez is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
JohnnyTheWolf

Does it happen when you launch the mod with the .cmd file?

Old Post Jan 4 2017 00:38 #
JohnnyTheWolf is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danfun64

I'm running Linux. The .cmd file would do nothing for me...

Also the way I have the game set up doesn't make it easy for how the tc wants things to be set up.
Spoiler:
code:
[IWADSearch.Directories] Path=. Path=$DOOMWADDIR Path=~/.config/gzdoom Path=~/Documents/doom/wads/ [FileSearch.Directories] Path=. Path=$DOOMWADDIR Path=~/.config/gzdoom Path=~/Documents/doom/wads/
all the PSXDOOM pk3's are in the psxdoom folder. It worked when gzdoom was 2.2.1, but not with 2.3.0 for some reason.

Also, I would have preferred everything being in small caps (as is everything else in my doom directory) but the game wouldn't allow it.

edit: and before you ask, my gzdoom binary and the shell file are in a different folder from the wads.

edit2: I fixed that issue. I removed the GAMEINFO.TXT from PSXDOOM.PK3, changed the shell file so it only loads PSXLOAD.PK3, which had its GAMEINFO.TXT changed to this:
Spoiler:
code:
IWAD = "doom2.wad" LOAD = "psxdoom/PSXDOOM.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXTCMUS.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXCUSTM.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXWSHUD.PK3", "psxdoom/PCHUDAR1.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXNMARE.PK3", "psxdoom/PCSPDKEY.PK3" STARTUPTITLE = "PlayStation DOOM Total Conversion"
Of course, even with the warnings issue solved, it still didn't fix the fatal error.
code:
Script error, "PSXDOOM.PK3:sbarinfo.txt" line 13: Expected identifier but got 'null' instead.
edit: for the record, here is what gzdoom 2.3.0 doesn't like
code:
MugShot "XDeath" { EXP0 4; EXP1 4; EXP2 4; EXP3 4; EXP4 4; NULL -1; }
edit2: Commenting out the problematic line did the trick.

Last edited by Danfun64 on Jan 4 2017 at 02:06

Old Post Jan 4 2017 01:46 #
Danfun64 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
JohnnyTheWolf

Personally, I recommend avoiding the latest GZDoom build altogether, as the TC was made with GZDoom 1.8.6 in mind.

Old Post Jan 4 2017 02:27 #
JohnnyTheWolf is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
enderandrew
Mini-Member

You responded to the exact same to me when I reported the same issue a month ago. And it says this TC can work with anything newer than 1.8.6, not that it will only run with 1.8.6.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1696624

GZDoom will continue putting out new releases and people will more than likely keep hitting this bug since people aren't going to be running legacy versions.

Old Post Jan 4 2017 04:25 #
enderandrew is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Salahmander2

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fi3ac...ecr/PSXDOOM.PK3

Changed the "Null" in line 13 to TNT1. It did the trick and works as intended.

Old Post Jan 13 2017 17:09 #
Salahmander2 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MinerOfWorlds
you couldn't circle strafe in pc doom until source ports came out

Sorry if this was asked before but keys and weapons aren't getting added to my inventory how can i fix this?

Old Post Feb 11 2017 23:26 #
MinerOfWorlds is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
CyberDemonEmpress

MinerOfWorlds said:
Sorry if this was asked before but keys and weapons aren't getting added to my inventory how can i fix this?

Try using the Lost Levels instead of the of PSX TC. I had the same issue, and that worked for me.

Old Post Feb 12 2017 02:23 #
CyberDemonEmpress is offline Youtube Twitch || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MinerOfWorlds
you couldn't circle strafe in pc doom until source ports came out

CyberDemonEmpress said:
Try using the Lost Levels instead of the of PSX TC. I had the same issue, and that worked for me.

That worked thanks.

Old Post Feb 12 2017 06:58 #
MinerOfWorlds is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xeogred

Is it possible to use the music pk3 for other wads?

I've got this setup with gzdoom but it's not working:
[Global.Autoload]
Path=D2TWID.wad
Path=PSXTCMUS.pk3
Path=complex-doom.v26a2.pk3

Old Post Feb 15 2017 02:02 #
Xeogred is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

Technically yes, you can, but you need to do a lot of file editing, the TC plays "psxmus01" for example on Map 1, and its ZMAPINFO file tells it to play that track there. You cant just load up the TC's music file and expect it to work like a midi pack

Old Post Feb 15 2017 08:07 #
Ragnor is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote