Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazer

An idea...

Why do we need to make all the levels for Doom and Doom II? Can't we just reuse some Doom/Doom II levels (in freedoom) for the opposite Doom? We could get the levels finished much more quickly that way...

Because they are protected by ID, we may not use them as base. The levels need to be complete new. :)
Just ask jon or fraggle

Torn

I think he means sharing freedoom levels between doom1 and doom2 (same levels in both). Theres no reason why we cant do this, really. Infact reusing some of the levels for the shareware wad in the main (doom2) wad looks like a good idea. Its just a matter of finding which levels should go where best.

oh...
I can better like the idea of 32 + 36 = 68 new maps... :)
But yes, maybe use some of the old maps to rebuilding.

Meh, I'd much rather have 36 all new maps in Ultimate Doom and 32 more new ones for Doom II.

Yeah... and since we get a couple dozen maps a day for freedoom, that should not be a problem at all.

Archvile64 said:

Meh, I'd much rather have 36 all new maps in Ultimate Doom and 32 more new ones for Doom II.

I'd rather have one complete IWAD than two unfinished ones :)

fraggle said:
I think he means sharing freedoom levels between doom1 and doom2 (same levels in both). Theres no reason why we cant do this, really. Infact reusing some of the levels for the shareware wad in the main (doom2) wad looks like a good idea. Its just a matter of finding which levels should go where best.

Wouldn’t that mean we'd be stuck with only doom 1 weapons and monsters?

we have brain enough to edit the maps so they are not like the old one.... :p

But i do still better like my idea... :)

Yes, I meant sharing the freedoom levels, not the original ones. I figure we should do whatever'll get the project done, then we can go on and make updates for it with new levels so all the levels will be different.

boris said:

Yeah... and since we get a couple dozen maps a day for freedoom, that should not be a problem at all.

It's like there's a time limit or anything, is there?

I mean I'll keep mapping until all the maps are done, even if it takes some time.

Of course there is no time limit, but IMO it'd be nice to get a stand-alone version ASAP. Ok, I'm guilty of not working, but still :P

boris said:

Of course there is no time limit, but IMO it'd be nice to get a stand-alone version ASAP. Ok, I'm guilty of not working, but still :P

Shaddup and get to work!

boris said:

Just a quick question, then -- is the plan to release Episode One as a shareware version, then do Doom2, then finish the rest of Ultimate Doom?

Lazer said:

Yes, I meant sharing the freedoom levels, not the original ones. I figure we should do whatever'll get the project done, then we can go on and make updates for it with new levels so all the levels will be different.

Agreed.