Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Searcher

BAM, Blind Alley M., "The Citadel" Just released.

BAM, Blind Alley M., "The Citadel" Just released.

File name: bndalym.zip

Give it a try. It is in new stuff right now.
http://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/

Third map in the Blind Alley series. This one is bigger, nicer, and a little harder than my previous maps.

You will never have for hunt for ammo in there. That is the least of your problems. There is enough health and ammo that you can push as hard as you want for time, or just lay back and snipe at the monsters. Nice to have the option isn't it?

Special thanks to Rich Sham for providing a great Legacy version
1.40 UV max demo of this map, included in the zip file. Give it a look, then warm up your trigger finger.

Feedback and/or demos always appreciated.

Now get busy, the carnage is waiting!

Nice level - I liked how there was more than enough ammo, people these days are trying to turn doom into a survival horror. At one part, I was fighting and was beaten to death by a revenant that teleported in behind me :-(

Heh...

Thanks for the feedback. That rev is one of the nasty traps mentioned in the text file. Once you get used to him he is not so tough but he will catch a few people at least once.

edit:
I too, am very weary of the hunt for ammo routine. takes to much time away from blasting the monsters. ;)

Thanks Magikal, I hope the community likes this map.

Looks pretty good, plays pretty tough. Some good but fair fights in there.

Hmm... It's a lot better than the others... Hey, do the extra letters in the file names mean anything?

Epyo said:

Hmm... It's a lot better than the others... Hey, do the extra letters in the file names mean anything?

No it is just part of my orig naming on the maps to help me keep them in order.

BTW Guys, Rich Sham posted a demo of Blind Alley P., "The Boardwalk" on the DSDA page at:

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/doom_sda.htm
map name Bndalyp

Time 8:33, UV max demo. That is smokin' fast on that map. Give it a look.

The next map is even better! Like my orig. text file said I am releasing the worst ones first.