Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

zdoom launcher

the one at zdoom.notgod.com seems to, well suck ass. mainly because it has to be set up every other use. what other good, and working, zdoom launchers are out there. i know king elvis use to make em but i cant find his site

In my opinion the best choice is to not use one. Use a windows shortcut to the EXE, modify the parameters in the Properties menu by rightclicking on the shortcut (choosing Program tab.) If you plan to use many commands append either a CFG file (+exec filename, as zdoom allows, quake-like) or a response file (@filename, as almost any doom engine allows.)

thats what i was doing, got old fast. plus i test people's maps so i would need to change every time. however when i just play a normal game i run the EXE

Sephiroth said:

thats what i was doing, got old fast.

Weird. But then again, I'm DOOM-1337.

well i tried to download, but it will not finish. cuts off on me. anyway is there another place i could downlaod it from, i will check the doom ftp.

note dont give me a place i have to sign up to download, those are just lame

My launcher for Edge (called ESL: see link in sig)also supports ZDoom, and has the option of saving different configurations.

Might be what you're after...

I just make a batch file for zdoom wads. its just like using the dos command line, except you don't have to type the commands every time. I have a blank new text document in my doom folder. whenever I get a new zdoom only wad, I just make a new one based off that.

example: (disclaimer: this is my path. yours may not look like this)I downloaded slipgate.wad. open new text document and type:

zdoom -file \wads\slipgate.wad -skill 4

save as slipgate.bat and you have your batch file. I only do this for zdoom specific wads. anything else I use legacy to play.

The best front end IMO is SlayeR's Doom Commander. A fantastic piece of front end engineering weighing in at a massive 76k unzipped. I use it all the time. Well worth the few seconds it takes to DL.

Actually, it is a very convenient little prog that when double clicked simply puts up a dialogue box for you to type in any command line parameters you want, and then click OK. If you press the up key, it recalls the last command line used. I have it sitting on my desktop as a very easy way to nip in and out of Zdoom without going to the DOS prompt and without having to set up all those options, click all those radio buttons, wade through all those file open dialogues and the never ending option screens that every other doom front end seems to want to force on me, and then still having to add stuff to the "additional command line options" box.

Doom Commander is a work in progress, but I'm not aware of any recent work on it.

I can't find the file on SlayeR's page ATM, I'm sure it was there though. Maybe he never got round to posting it.

SlayeR?