Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Post your demos!

Okay, just made about four more unsynced demos, so I give up. >.<

Well, maybe I'll do a demo of Grind2.wad when I release it.

magikal said:

Y thank you. Check out some of the other lmps at my page. I would say my style's frantic but I hang on in. DooMBoy I managed to playback the nomoe1m7. Very fast and very smooth, cool.
I'd love to see a e2m8, one of my faves. Good luck.:)

Thanks, magikal. That's one of my better fast times for E1M7 :) Now, I'm going to do a E2M8 on UV. ;)

Nanami said:

Okay, just made about four more unsynced demos, so I give up. >.<

That sounds odd - I've found Legacy to be very reliable (at least, demos recorded with one version have always played back OK with that version). You are using Launcher.exe to save and playback, right? The playing back of demos via the console is very buggy, BTW.

Hey, Waldon, I just got through recording a E2M8 UV demo! Hmm...
magikal: check your mail :)

Okay, got it to work. I did a demo of me playing UV, E4M1, with Legacy 1.40a. Anyone want to put this up for me? I'd do it myself but my webhost only has a DSL and doesn't want a lot of people downloading from the site at once.

I cooked up a demo of doom II of map 17 from a pistol start for Glboom. Just to show that I can still play doom with out mouse look after all these years. Although, I'm rusty, I still managed to get through it in one shot.

now's all I need it someone to host it.

Hmm, interesting discussion. Wrt the Public DANG discussion going on earlier, let me say that the site is still alive, months of non-updating-ness to the contrary. There'll hopefully be something new there in a few weeks. (And I need to fix the upload info - ftp://competn.doom2.net/incoming:8002, I think)

I wouldn't consider the playing level of DANG demos to be 1337 at all, though some players have become 1337 by posting to DANG. We really will post just about anything. Even if you only finish the level, that counts as a speedrun.

Only it has to be recorded with vanilla Doom. A sourceport-enabled IWAD demo site would be a good idea, anyone interested in this? (Not you Opulent, you're already doing more than enough :)

Hey Opulent! Good travel I hope. Yes good advice, there should be none of that here, just appreciation. Looks like you've solved the hosting.
Waldon that's sublime, if it was me I wouldn't resist either, thanks.
Nice work DooMBoy, Grazza.:) DB's lmps
GrazzaNm28-132
Ryback, definitely interested.

Espi said:

Two demos recorded with legacy 1.40, map32 and e3m9.

I just luv e3m9, great.
Nanami, you can send your e4m1 an' I'll post it or send to Opulent's link an' I'm sure he'll post anyway. What was the problem with the sync, any idea?

Okay, I'll send it in a second.

I think it was because I was running Legacy through DeePsea. I rebooted and ran it through the Launcher...

There. I sent in three of my demos using Legacy. I'd rather use ZDoom, but I didn't want to install an old version, so my style's a little jerky since I had to redo my mouse sensitivity and it's off some. Oh well, enjoy. ^_^

Yay, my levels are up!

E4M1
E2M8
E3M1

Order I recorded them in. They're not any sort of speedrun or all kills or anything, just me going through it. I did get everything on E3M1, though, I think...

Nanami said:

Yay, my levels are up!

E4M1
E2M8
E3M1

Order I recorded them in. They're not any sort of speedrun or all kills or anything, just me going through it. I did get everything on E3M1, though, I think...

Yay, I'm goona watch!

Nanami said:

Yay, my levels are up!

E4M1
E2M8
E3M1

Yay, I'm goona watch!

if you have too much time:

http://gamma.nic.fi/~kulma/klm-e1uv.lmp

recorded in vanilla doom 1.9 with novert.com. doom crashed where the demo ends, but would you believe me if i just told you i can kick the asses of the brothers of hell? my mouse was a bit jumpy, so i adjusted it with some strafe-aiming.

if someone needs hosting of .lmp's, i could whip up a page and start hosting. just e-male me.

Did you remember to use -maxdemo (e.g. -maxdemo 1024)? If you don't, then 128k is the largest file size of demo that Doom.exe will record.

Some source ports also have this limit, for some reason.

I know my demos aren't as good as everyone else, but I thought I did good with E4M2, so check it out if you have time and tell me what you think. By the way, if you can't tell, I'm horrible with the rocket launcher. ;_;

Grazza said:

Did you remember to use -maxdemo (e.g. -maxdemo 1024)? If you don't, then 128k is the largest file size of demo that Doom.exe will record.

ah, another thing learned :) it was not mentioned if there is a max. value for -maxdemo in the readme.txt, is there one?

I'm not aware of any upper limit, but 1024 (1 MB) should be plenty for all normal demos. The biggest .lmp I've got on my hard disk is 601K (a TASMBF NM run through Plutonia in 71:04 by Istvan Pataki). Perhaps if you were going to do a max run through a whole megawad you'd need to set it higher.

Grazza said:

I'm not aware of any upper limit, but 1024 (1 MB) should be plenty for all normal demos.

oh yeah, i didn't figure at first that 1meg was around two hours :) i almost did a better and completely recorded uv run through e1 but then i mischose the RL insted of the CG in the end of m5 and blasted some fucker point blank. so i started m6 with 10% health, got busted and lost interest after that.

Nanami said:

I know my demos aren't as good as everyone else, but I thought I did good with E4M2, so check it out if you have time and tell me what you think. By the way, if you can't tell, I'm horrible with the rocket launcher. ;_;

E4M2? Haven't seen that one. I watched the E4M1 and thought it was good (wasn't that jump a bit "naughty" though?) - that is a swine of a map to finish at all. And I suck with the RL too...

kulma said:

i almost did a better and completely recorded uv run through e1 but then i mischose the RL insted of the CG in the end of m5 and blasted some fucker point blank. so i started m6 with 10% health, got busted and lost interest after that.

Heh. Been there, done it, bought the "I rocket suicided again!" tee-shirt. Gotta admire these guys who can do long demos without any cock-ups.

Grazza said:

E4M2? Haven't seen that one. I watched the E4M1 and thought it was good (wasn't that jump a bit "naughty" though?) - that is a swine of a map to finish at all. And I suck with the RL too...

I guess Opulent hasn't put it up yet (E4M2 that is). And I know the jump was cheating, I was just taking a shortcut instead of walking around. Besides, the imp made me pay for it. =P Stupid imp!