Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Danny

You guys remember YPOD, right?

What did you make of it?
Your Path of Destruction it was called, and was a complete conversion for Quake to make it Doom. Amateur as heck, and bugged all over the shop, it was nonetheless an exciting little game because it was 3D Doom. The enemies weren't bad at all, and actually looked quite good.
Only flaw was the Suburbs level was unpassable due all manner of bugs kicking in then halting progress.
But it was interesting to see Doom in a new light, and a lot of credit goes to the team who worked on it.

I think "Amateur as heck, and bugged all over the shop" covers it. Far too hard to progress because of all the problems. Some neat ideas but the poor implementation meant I struggled through it once, and never repeated the effort.

I *think* a lot of the 3d models were used for a while when 3d accelerated doom ports first came on the scene. These have, of course, since been updated.

a)That was the most visually disturbing Quake mod i've seen. It indeed was full of bugs and it ran like a quadrapalegic puppy.

b)Yes; those models were used on early incarnations of Jdoom and the likes - tho the models have been updated (for the better) recently.

Actually the YPOD models were only used in DoomGL. Then Edmundo Bordeu updated them for ZDoomGL (the current ZDoomGL models), and then they were updated further for JDoom...