Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Post your demos!

Grazza said:

I'm not aware of any upper limit, but 1024 (1 MB) should be plenty for all normal demos. The biggest .lmp I've got on my hard disk is 601K (a TASMBF NM run through Plutonia in 71:04 by Istvan Pataki). Perhaps if you were going to do a max run through a whole megawad you'd need to set it higher.

Yep I've never run out yet. There's a demo for 'Industrial' at my page which is 2 1/2 hours long. Weirdly it's 666kb.

I never bothered to truly find out what the upper recording limit is. I think Adam knows.
http://www.3ddownloads.com/?file_id=140999 is the longest released Doom demo. 3hr28min.
I've launched Doom2 with -maxdemo 8192 but I don't know if that would really record an 8Mb lmp. maybe it is best that there is an upper limit. :P

If I recall correctly the limit is 2048 (like 4 hours)...

Yay, my E4M2 demo is up! Thanks a bunch Opulent!

Go watch me abuse myself with the rocket launcher everybody! =P

Grazza said:

I'm not aware of any upper limit, but 1024 (1 MB) should be plenty for all normal demos. The biggest .lmp I've got on my hard disk is 601K (a TASMBF NM run through Plutonia in 71:04 by Istvan Pataki). Perhaps if you were going to do a max run through a whole megawad you'd need to set it higher.

I once played coop (total of 2 players) for 6 to 8 hours straight on with Legacy 1.40a. I can't remember exactly HOW long, but time was flying and I'm not gonna watch the whole demo again just to see how long it took (does legacy still show the original time when using the option -timedemo?), the lmp-file was 1 and a half MB in size. I always use -MAXDEMO 4096, which should be about 2 hours of 16 person-multiplay (better too much than too few)... have fun!

Nanami said:

Yay, my E4M2 demo is up! Thanks a bunch Opulent!

Go watch me abuse myself with the rocket launcher everybody! =P

Yay Nanami, that was a really cool demo. How can you type and play at the same time? Impressive.:)

magikal said:

Yay Nanami, that was a really cool demo. How can you type and play at the same time? Impressive.:)

Yeah, I concur, excelent demo there :D

...I'll make a demo myself, just for giggles...

I just watched the demos of Magikal, Grazza and Ultimate Doomer. Cool stuff there. Interesting to see different playing styles.

Now I only have to watch the ones from Nanami and Doomboy :)

I played all the levels two or three times, so I knew what to expect (warming myself up) and then made scripts (1, 2, 3, 4 are my keys; I use the mouse wheel to change weapons, not the number keys) for certain phrases. I didn't want to waste a lot of time in the demo standing there typing.

Anyway, I can hit 4 and it says "I used to be afraid of him," or whatever. ROTT style speech. I also bound some things to generic items like "Heh." and "Damnit!" You can tell I played E3M1 without any specialized comments.

You can also use the chat macros for that, although that method is slightly faster.

[sarcasm]Bah! And I thought you were typing as you went along, I'm not so impressed now.[/sarcasm]
Seriously though that's cool.

A few I did type as I went along. =) I just didn't want to stop for a while to type "This is me playing E4M2 and while I'm typing this I'm dying by the cacodemon launching fireballs at me... ow..." E3M1 I typed the "Fight!" and "Squish!" and for E4M1 I typed "Grr." On E4M2 I typed "Oops." =P

Yep, I was going to use chat macros, but "2" is faster than anything I can think of. Unless the computer read my mind. Hey, there's an idea...

Heh, yes, the "squish" when the rising door caught the dead imp...

Well, I have three demos one of Map07 from who kno's when. and one of Map32, I did just for giggles and another one of E4M4, just for pokes and tee-hee's....But I cant post them, seeing me no have anywhere to host em. Meh.

EDIT: Oh, ya, just made another one, heh.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Well, I have two demos one of Map07 from who kno's when. and one of Map32, I did just for giggles....But I cant post them, seeing me no have anywhere to host em. Meh.

Read the earlier posts, send 'em to Opulent or if you just want 'em putting up for a little while send 'em to me.

magikal said:

Read the earlier posts, send 'em to Opulent or if you just want 'em putting up for a little while send 'em to me.

ya, but, I already read them, and it looks like he's busy enough, so I'll wait a bit, or until I recieve word or something.

No need to wait, once in a while when Opulent can he updates the page, but if you don't send them he wont be able to put yours up.

I just sent E2M1 and Map04 maxdemos to Opulent. Nothing special in them. I didn't have much time so I had to record these small and easy levels. I might send some more later.

I was thinking of doing more demos but I told Opulent I wouldn't bug him anymore... My Grind2.wad will include two demos (ZDoom and Legacy) on easy mode. That should be out soon, by the way.

Nanami said:

I was thinking of doing more demos but I told Opulent I wouldn't bug him anymore... My Grind2.wad will include two demos (ZDoom and Legacy) on easy mode. That should be out soon, by the way.

Hmm, maybe I should include lmp's to my wad too. They could be quite hard to make though.

I got the idea from this thread. ^_^ I figured I could do a quick runthrough on easy so I didn't ruin any surprises, but so that people could see the level anyway. And see my awesome skillz! =P I talk through them, by the way...

Btw, I noticed that you seem to have very high mouse sensitivity settings when you play, especially Nanami and magikal. I prefer lower sensitivity.

DooMer 4ever said:

Btw, I noticed that you seem to have very high mouse sensitivity settings when you play, especially Nanami and magikal. I prefer lower sensitivity.

Well spotted. Yes, generally I do like a high mouse sensitivity so I have to move the mouse very little to turn 180degrees for example. I need a bigger mouse mat to really try low sensitivity as I keep crashing into my keyboard when I turn it down. My mouse actually has 'on-the-fly' sensitivity adjustment so you can change as you're playing. Occaisionally useful in Doom but great for Q3A Railgun accuracy.

High sensitivity is a MUST for me. I love being able to turn so fast. There are some places in Doom where monsters come from both sides, and it's easy to spin on your heels and shoot everyone. It's also important for DM so you can twist and kill someone as you pass by.

I have been gradually increasingly my mouse sensitivity. Obviously if you increase it dramatically, it becomes difficult to control, but if you edge it up bit by bit, it should be OK. Currently the relevant line in my legacy config.cfg is:
mlooksens "31"
I don't know whether this is unusually high (in-game on the slider, it's a bit more than 70% of the way across). I expect I'll be increasing it soon.

DooMer 4ever said:

Hmm, maybe I should include lmp's to my wad too. They could be quite hard to make though.

Indeed - especially if you add in all those Arch-Viles I suggested. ;)