Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadman

Community Chest Project Status

I just wanted to keep everyone updated on the project. I've been quiet for a while because I figured people needed some "quiet time" so they can work on their maps. I have 10 maps turned into me as complete. "Railgunner" has officially dropped out of the project and that opened up 2 map slots, but one has already been accounted for and that's map 25. Map 30 is still open, anyone interested?

Volteface! Where are you man?? My e-mail's keep getting bounced back to me. Let me know what's going on with the web-page, thanks alot. If anyone out there has their maps completed please send them to me, thanks everyone.

The project is moving along quite nicely and my thanks go out to the "Doom Community" for all their support. I'll drop the entire team an e-mail later this evening.

Any interests or concerns then don't hesitate to drop me a line.

fisherh5@bellsouth.net

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

can I switch from map 26 to map 30 please?

btw, map 10 is being sent you you right now.

thanks.

edit: nevermind....

I thought Railgunner had dropped out, given there's never been any word or any screenshots, even when he had the website.

(mind you, Metabolist's map 14 is in a similar situation....I hope that doesn't mean we're going to lose another mapper)

(btw, any word on Sphagne's maps, as he was supposed to be changing them or something)

And finally, the nameless map list:

Map 25 (Archvile 46)
Map 30 (Thomas)
Map 32 (Volte Face)

My concern is that maps aren't being done and that this project will drag on like many others and I refuse to let that happen! I know that no one is getting paid for this but I would really like to get this thing done as soon as we can.

If someone feels like they can't contribute like they want to then please let me know...Maps don't have to be fancy, just playable. Some people are fast mappers and some are slower, that's the way it goes man! I know that I could crank out a map in a single evening, it won't be perfect but it'll be done.

BTW, Thomas has laid claim to Map 30 guys! He dropped me an immediate e-mail asking for it, sorry! :(

Sphagne has this tendency to make me go chase down his maps and I don't do that. When a map is complete send it to me and make sure it's saved to the slot it's for! Nothing against Sphagne, but I don't "pick" maps for this project. You have a map for me? Then send it to me with a text file, end of story.

I have enough on my plate with my TeamTNT project in full gear. I'm extensively testing it as we speak and I still have a family I have to pay attention to, my time is limited...whew! Did that come out right? :) Well, gotta go, things to do! Keep in touch everyone!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Well, Im working on me map, not as much as I hoped thanks to school, but Im gunna put in a solid at least 3 hours on friday at least, and in the next few days, the map may not be the best or have any special features, but, its the best ive done so far.

If anyone with maps 1-20 would like to switch with me (I have map 25), then please let me know.

Cadman I have three more maps done if you need them because of drop outs or whatever. I have been releasing them over the last several weeks. I did not think you needed them. But they are available.
You have my map seven in hand.

Got a little sidetracked these last few days but work should continue during the rest of the week. Progress is ok, map13 is still barely started tho ;P

EDIT: oo 500th post!

well, today I will work on my map. I think it is like 5-10% done, I know I am slow, give me the time... :)

I'm just nudging the team a little, heh! heh! I know all you guys need time. All I ask is you keep me posted. I'm working on a ZDoom map and it's about 50% done...keep up the good work everyone. BTW, I've started working on my own personal project for "TNT: Evilution Part Deux". This is aside from my TeamTNT stuff...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Map 60% done. A small inch foward.
School is evil. /me shits
At least I am sketching bits and pieces, and not totally forgotten agout it.

(fuck. my spelling is atrocious, Ugh...)

Don't you just hate it when you're computer sticks? :P

Kill this post. Please.

Scientist said:

Your postcount is also coming along fine. ;-)

It was an accident.

I was asked about my part 2 "Evilution" project. Just to clear the air, this is not an official TeamTNT project. This is just something I figured I would do on my own. The original that we did was good but I wanted to do something apart from ID's restrictions on things. Some facts...

*These maps will be better detailed.

*All skill levels will be implemented.

*Will be using the "Evilution" texture set from Final Doom.

*ZDoom will be used.

*Light scripting will be used, no global scripting.

*Will be attempting to utilize every ZDoom editing feature.

*Extensive detail in lighting environments.

*Deathmatch starts in all levels.

*Will be made for single play and coop play.

*Texture alignments will be perfect.

*Paying strict attention to monster placements and weapon balance.

I'm still trying to get organized first on this one, I've already started level 1 and it's coming along great. There you have it...if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a line. My intention BTW is to do 10 maps initially and release them and then work on the next 10 and so on. This will include secret levels as well. Thanks everyone!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I'm here! I'm here! I am very sorry about my absence, but I just got a
new computer and have been having some troubles with a new TV-Tuner card.

I'm here now.

Cadman: make sure you're using my email junior@kwic.com and it
should work.

I've done some work on my still-nameless Map 32, and will do some more
in the next few days.