Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gamedude

level names

In JDoom, when a level is finished loading and starts up, the level name and author appear at the top of the screen. How can I change this in my level to make my level name appear?

If you're talking about the stuff during the between-level intermissions, you have to use WinTex or another such utility and edit the CWILVxx graphics.

no, that's not what I meant. After the level is started, the level name and author is displayed at the top of the screen in JDoom. I have seen it done. In my map, the original name of the map my wad replaces shows up. I want my name and my map name to be displayed. anyone know how this is done?

thats one way of doing it, and i have nice efficient way of making an animated level name that is translucent and casts light shadows over the backpic which can be 32 bit, using jdoomgl.lib

Jdoom loads a .ded file with all the names of the maps. I think its called maps.ded and you can copy this file, rename it, edit the map names to you liking and load it with the Kickstart launcher. I haven't done this myself but Deathgiver made a custom .ded for my upcoming megawad re-release and it works great!!!!!!

Customising DEDs is piss-easy and lends personlization to the wads.

As well as editing map names and author names, you can change the sky texture used (you can also add extra skys - as many as you like, really - to the wad and have them loaded thru the DED).

Don't forget to create some new map-name graphics for the intermission screens, too.

Hey thanx for the xtra info Spike, that should come in handy.. I was just wondering, will Jdoom load a .ded file from within a wad?