Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FirebrandX

My Jdoom Abbs models web page:

I've created a simple thumbnail page of Jdoom screenshots you can click on to enlarge and see comments. This page is to dispell the myth that Jdoom models suck (mostly because people aren't looking past the Cheb model downloads). Here's the link:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/firebrandx/jdoomslides.html

I'd hope that others will refer to this link should the random newbie come along whining over the "lame" Jdoom models.

Well OK, but I really don't think there's much wrong with chebs models. 'cept I Really think it's time that somebody redid the lower class monsters, (Zombies, Imps and Demons.) Everthing else looks fine.

Abbs models don't look that bad, but the thing is, they don't really look like the doom sprites...

Yes those do indeed suck.

"GEE I WILL MAKE WEAPON MODELS THAT LOOK TOTALLY NOTHING LIKE THE ORIGINALS! ITEM MODELS TOO!"

Those HL models were Abbs's latest experiment. I think I also prefer his ealier ones that were closer looking to the originals and may switch back to them. These don't look bad at all, but they are a bit different for most people's taste. When I get his originals back up, I'll let you know.

BTW BBG, When I say they don't suck, I'm talking about the quality of the model, not whether it is faithful to the original sprite.

No, they don't look that bad at all - I'd never download them because then I'd be wasting space on my computer, but looking at them doesn't make me say, "Suck".

Indeed. Nice as they look, i'll be leaving all forms of 3d models for Doomsday alone until an upgrade comes along. You know, in 2009.