Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

How to make the beta Lost Soul

Yeah, you know the beta Lost Soul? No!? Well, lemme tell you. Instead of diving at you it did a telepathic attack. Now, how can we do this in EDGE? Quite simple. First, nab the graphics and sounds for the beta Lost Soul from the Immoral Conduct site in ICD SE and we will get onto our next phase.

The attack. Put this in attacks.ddf

[Lost_Soul_Telepath]
ATTACKTYPE=SHOT;
SHOTCOUNT=1;
DAMAGE.VAL=10;
DAMAGE.MAX=35;
ACCURACY_ANGLE=22;
ACCURACY_SLOPE=12;
ENGAGED_SOUND=*lostsoulattacksoundgoeshere*;
ATTACK_SPECIAL=FACE_TARGET;

Simple, now we edit the Lost Soul. Go to things.ddf and find the Lost Soul and replace his attack with Lost_Soul_Telepath, remove the Blood and Translucency.

[LOST_SOUL:3006]
SPAWNHEALTH=100;
REACTION_TIME=0.23;
RADIUS=16;
HEIGHT=56;
SPEED=8;
MASS=50;
PAINCHANCE=100%;
CASTORDER=7;
FLOAT_SPEED=2;
SPECIAL=SOLID,SHOOTABLE,TRIGGER_HAPPY,FLOATER,NOGRAV_KILL,MONSTER,DISLOYAL,ATTACK_HURTS;
MINATTACK_CHANCE=22%;
ACTIVE_SOUND=DMACT;
DEATH_SOUND=*deathsoundgoeshere*;
PAIN_SOUND=*painsoundgoeshere*;
RANGE_ATTACK=Lost_Soul_Telepath;

There ya go, a beta Lost Soul for you to frag in Doom or add to your project.

Would that be I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON .PNG, deathz0r?

Ultraviolet said:

Would that be I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON .PNG, deathz0r?

yes.

BBG, i think CW gets kinda pissed at people thieving off his work without his permission. However, somewhere on my HD I have Doom Alpha resource wads for you to mess around with. One of those should have the Soul. (No I can't remember who made the wads but I do rememebr you could freely rip from them)

Trasher][ said:
BBG, i think CW gets kinda pissed at people thieving off his work without his permission. However, somewhere on my HD I have Doom Alpha resource wads for you to mess around with. One of those should have the Soul. (No I can't remember who made the wads but I do rememebr you could freely rip from them)

Trasher][ also said: (in this thread:http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11747)
Operation Arctic Wolf - Remix: It's Wolfendoom, what's not to like?
Freedoom: Duh.
The Next Mod By CW: I want it already and I don't know what it is!
Doom64 TC: For the resources.

Ct_red_pants said: (in this thread:http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11747)
I am really looking forward to the Doom 64 TC, for a few resions:
I what to see how many fetures they've managed to convert (will the aracnatron fire to plasmat shots? will the unmaker make an appreance? How will the mother demon turn out?)

also, I am eyeing the resorses, I am perticully interested in the sprites, as I would lone to use the demon in a project of my own...

how about you?

Ct_red_pants said: (in this thread:http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11747)

Ghostpilot said:

Are you looking foward to it just to be able to rip the sprites?
Don´t you want to play it?

Errr maybe...

You will probably flame me to death for saying this.
But I need to say it.

This is just my own opinions, I´m not speaking for the whole DooM Depot Team.
If you get angry, be angry with me, not the DooM Depot.

Cory Whittle ripped the beta lost soul from the beta version of DooM.
He doesn´t own that sprite, but you still think we shouldn´t steal it from his wad and instead grab it from the DooM Betas.
I agreee to 120%.

We at the DooM Depot are ripping the gfx from DooM64.
We don´t own that gfx eather, but you think it´s ok to rip things from our wad once it´s released?
I don´t get it? Please explain.

I know we don´t own the DooM64 sprites, but that doesn´t mean we don´t put alot of work into our project.
If you want doom64 things inside your project you have to do it the hard way as we do.

Resource-stealing is bad
(even if we basicly are doing just that by ripping midway's gfx for our project, but you know what I mean)

Now...
Argue with me.

How extract graphics from alpha 4, alpha 5, or press-release Dooms:
1. Go to to Doomworld's editing utility section.
2. Download Deutex v4.4.
3. Unzip it into an alpha/PR Doom directory.
4. Look in dtexman6.txt for appropiate command line for the version you're extracting from.
5. Enter that command line or if you're too lazy to look them up, they're:
deutex -doom04 c:\doom0_4 -xtract
deutex -doom05 c:\doom0_5 -xtract
deutex -doompr c:\doomdemo -xtract
6. Have fun with a freaking ton of graphics.

Is it possible to....and if so...how does one one go about getting sprites from the alphas? Deutex basically told to to piss up a rope. It will extract most everything else except sprites it seems.

Ghostpilot said:

Cory Whittle ripped the beta lost soul from the beta version of DooM.
He doesn´t own that sprite, but you still think we shouldn´t steal it from his wad and instead grab it from the DooM Betas.
I agreee to 120%.

Hey, when I grab resources from wads, I make sure that if the original author/wad compiler is still active in the community, then I ask them. If the wad is old, or a resource wad (Like CW's D64 weapons mod, or the Doom Alpha resource wad) then I go "stuff it" and rip it anyways.

I may be a contradictory, half-arsed, dumb bastard, but I have a code of conduct.

Trasher][ said:
Hey, when I grab resources from wads, I make sure that if the original author/wad compiler is still active in the community, then I ask them. If the wad is old, or a resource wad (Like CW's D64 weapons mod, or the Doom Alpha resource wad) then I go "stuff it" and rip it anyways.

I may be a contradictory, half-arsed, dumb bastard, but I have a code of conduct.

Good to hear that you have a code of conduct.
But it was not Cory who made the DooM64 wad, it was me.
He helped me a bit and hosted the file.
So anyone who wants to have those sprites in their wad would make me rather happy by asking me for permission.

I have seen my old D64 sprite rips in too many wads.
I´m not a "fame-hunter" that desperatly want attention, but it makes me kind of sad when everyone thinks someone else made my wad and credit him when they rip from it (with or without permission).

So Ghostpilot, you're the one who made the doom64 wad, great work! Have you ever though about making separate wads for the sprites? What I mean is that it would be better if they wouldn't be all in the same wad, I enjoy some of the doom64 sprites, but I wouldn't want to use all of them when playing... I could do that myself but unfortunately i'm so untalented that I don't know how :(

DooMer 4ever said:

So Ghostpilot, you're the one who made the doom64 wad, great work! Have you ever though about making separate wads for the sprites?

Thank you.
But you haven´t seen nothing yet...!
The Absolution DooM64 TC we are making over att the DooM Depot
http://depot.wrong.button.com/doom64tc.html
are going to have at least twice as good looking sprites as my old wad had. And now we are a whole team working on different things.

We will probably release a few extra wads also.
One with just the sprites, maybe.
Stay tuned. And be sure to check out the DooM Depot page for updates.

ghostpilot: yeah it's llame to ripp sprites from free wads that was ripped from commercial products. Much cooler to ripp them from the commercial product.

Stupid ass hypocrite motherfucker

kristus said:

Stupid ass hypocrite motherfucker

Yes, you are probably right...
I´m slaping people on the hands for doing things when I do the exact same thing with the other hand behind their backs.
I know what you mean.

People are looking forward to the things we do at the DooM Depot.
That motivates me to keep on working and work harder to get the damn thing released before the end of the world.
But when it turns out that they only were looking forward to it, to be able to use the resources in their own wads.
That isn´t really motiavting at all.

But this situation is kind of special.
That´s because we rip someone elses material aswell.
That contradicts everything I have said earlier in a way...
But as I said earlier, that doesn´t mean we put alot of work into it.

Take golden-eye-DooM for instance.
They have done the same thing as we are doing with DooM64.
But you don´t see people use the sprites from that project in their own wads. That´s because they repect the work they have done and leaves the resources alone (or atleast that´s what I think).

Yeah, that and I can't find a good excuse to put Goldeneye stuff in my mods, heh.

Although I've gotten some cool ideas by looking at their code.