Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

New Pics for Descent (2)

can you please try put up some screenie in software mode?
and then I will tell my opion...

Afterglow said:

Never open a Doom editor ever again.

Grr. Do you realize just how long he's been mapping? Not too long.

THey kinda look nice, but drop the md2s. Somehow they don't look right.

That plasma rifle md2 looks like a gigantic dildo. God the JDoom models suck.

As for the level, I'm awaiting software screenshots too.

Ya - the plasma gun looks kinda weird but overall Jdoom looks great.
I will, however do some software shots for you guys.
:-)
Hi Darknation - where you been hiding?

well, thats fine... take screenshot with zdoom in software mode instead of jdoom.

Torn said:

well, thats fine... take screenshot with zdoom in software mode instead of jdoom.

Done. Unfortunately the ftp server is not responding correctly this morning so they should be up later.
Check out the page later - when the link to the software screenies is up you'll know I was able to get through.

Afterglow said:

Never open a Doom editor ever again.

I hate this attitude. It is OK to be much better than the majority in a field (in this case mapping) and it's also cool to be proud of it, but it is not cool to adopt an "I'm better than you therefore you have no right to be doing what I do" attitude.

With this attitude the mapping community would quickly reduce itself to a very few people doing their great stuff for themselves without any community to admire or learn from them.

Yes, Brad_tilf has a lot to learn still (I've seen some of his earlier works and he has improved).

I'd rather see a community with a horde of bad and average mappers and a bunch of good and über mappers than a community with only a few über mappers.

And what were your first few maps like? I'm guessing they weren't even remotely like that.

I know, when I first started, my maps totally sU><0r3d. Now, I'm around par to not bad. Although I could work on my lazyness. :P

Ct_red_pants said:

Darknation you scallywag! Where have you been?

Brad_tilf said:

Hi Darknation - where you been hiding?

I am always here. Mr. Flibble sees and knows all.

I thought you had quit the doom community for good?

I knew you'd be back, like a junkie looking for his next fix :)

ya - the maps get better with time. And I've had some good ones. I'm working on the texture alignments for this one now - my least favorite part of mapping.

brad: if you align the textures at the same time as you are building the map. it'll be a whole lot more fun to do it.

I like the design in the Gothic maps. I prefer a more hunter/hunted type of scenario as opposed to a wide-open fragfest. Thats why I like the Gothic maps. Most of them require at least a little bit of hunting as opposed to grabbing a weapon and blasting everything that moves. Plus, I thought the map designs were very well done and the texture/sprite/flat changes really worked with the design.

Afterglow said:

Most ineffective troll ever. [/B]

[b]So what do you prefere? Dwango? HA!

Afterglow: I didn't mean to bash at your work directly, I do pay my full respect and appreciation to your efforts. However technically, Gothic maps might look good with fancy textures and complex architectures, but seriously the gameplay sucks. Give it a shot on Zdaemon one or two when you have time, then you'll see what I mean. Players do nothing but sh*tting with plasma rifle, noobs

Tarin: wow, how WOULD you know? good job boy, here's a christmas cookie...

Yeah, it's true. It's just n00bs getting hosed to pieces by plasma bullets.

((
))
((
/0\_______
|+ + + + +|
|GOTHICDM|
/ ========= \
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

P.S. Sorry. Couldn't resist.