Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Back again with yet another problem :(

This time I have a very strange problem :( I have a room which consists of about 15 sectors. In this room, there are a few different enemies (demon, arch-vile, revenant). If I am in a few sectors of this room and in sight of an enemy, it doesn't see and attack me (stands still in case it hasn't seen me already) and if he has already seen me and I am in this sector, it doesnt attack me. As I have NOCLIP on and I'm standing directly in a wall :(

This problem concerns only some sectors of this room but I don't understand this bug. I can do whatever is possible but the sector makes me "dormant" or "notarget" (whatever).

Other Info: The room is in the very south of the map and the number of the sector is 5129. Are there any ZDoom limits about this?

Yes, it's a bad rejectmap. Change your level slightly and rebuild the nodes and the problem should go away.

I use ZETH to create my maps and WARM to build the nodes. Fortunately I found out, that WARM has tha ability to build a reject map and if I do this, the map works fine. Unfortunately as everything has its two sides, the creation of my reject map takes up about 5 minutes. :(

DeePsea's node builder is very fast. I have a level with:

4753 Vericies
5788 LineDefs
9430 SideDefs
920 Sectors

And building the nodes still only takes less than 20 seconds.

Well, considering that you have enough sectors there to fill three small countries, 1 minute 40 seconds is extremely fast, heheh. Of course, most of that it probably building the reject.