Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Opulent

Demos for pwads

Hi all.
There is a lot of DOOM demo activity this month, but I've been wanting to ask what maps/megawads that people were interested in seeing some demos for.
Demos are a great way to show off the level; besides if we do a demoset for it, then you know at least _we_ played it. :)

So what wads would you like to see demos for?

One I'd really like to see demos for is Equinox. Wouldn't be easy though... While it does need a port, I believe it works OK with PrBoom (I haven't tested it beyond making sure it doesn't crash at start-up though), if you want to keep it as "pure" as possible.

Grazza: He meant _good_ demos. :)
Equinox, huh, have to check into that... considering you are asking, perhaps we can both record. ;)

Opulent said:

Grazza: He meant _good_ demos. :)
Equinox, huh, have to check into that... considering you are asking, perhaps we can both record. ;)

Heh, I meant good demos too :p

I fear some of the Equinox maps are beyond my abilities (without using savegames), but I was giving a bit of thought recently to map10 (the really weird one with 51 arch-viles).

999cop: Do you mean ALL the 10sector entries?
I'll check into Hr2, but if Radek, Altima, and Vile haven't got them down, then I doubt anyone can... :)

Hmm, actually imho the first 10sector.wad is the most fun, but you wish to make demos on all 10 sector entries, I wouldn't mind at all :)
well what I'd like to see the most is a demo on map23 of 10sector.wad, a speedrun demo preferably

Mine damnit! No one makes demos of my levels :(

*Goes off into the corner and cries.

10secto2 map29 is one of my favorites.
Shock'em Down isn't all that demo friendly, IIRC.
I have no excuse for the others. :)

Demo unfriendly?? How so?

Too big? (It's a lot smaller than vrack2 :P)
Takes too long? (I can complete it 100 100 100 on uv in 15mins and I suck. Again far shorter than a good number of demos :P)
Too boring? (Maybe, but I don't think so :P)

some tough secrets... I don't know...that is just how I remember it.
it is a little big to optimize perhaps... but certainly do-able.
I'll put it on my to-do list...

stphrz said:

Too boring? (Maybe, but I don't think so :P)

Absolutely not!!! Shock ´em down is great!

I would like to see demos for the Realm of Chaos megawad. I tried to look for them in the web but unfortunately couldn´t find any.

I bet Berkowitz had some at his site, but it is not online now.
I did some research on my hard drive for them because I KNEW I had seen some... doh! they were mine. :)
I'll put Rlmchaos on my to-do list too.
(btw, I assume you mean the final version)
good choice!
and Shock definitely deserves a demo... I think at the time, I was hoping Adam would send me his...

I honestly dont know how you managed to do 4 minutes on my map, I still havent even set a time out of like 30 trys.. keep dieing :(

im not cut out for this speed demo stuff!

don't worry about it. I meant _I_ should improve it. I think the map is lots of fun to play. 4:00 isn't a bad time, but the demo is reallllly ugly. :)