Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Railgun Problem

set the thing that uses the railgun's missile damage above 0

of course, if it's too high, it will kill anything, even if degreelessness/god mode is on

Epyo said:

railgun?!

Heh, it's the railgun.bex file which ships with zdoom 1.23 beta 33, and probably with zdoom 1.22 also. Put the .bex file in your skins subdirectory, or load it at the command line as zdoom -bex railgun.bex and see what the plasma rifle does. :)

Imp said:

How do you edit the railgun's damage?

footman said:

set the thing that uses the railgun's missile damage above 0

footman's answer only works if you are making a monster use the rail gun. In that case you do set the damage by giving the relevant monster a missile damage. The player rail cannot have it's damage altered.

Simply set everything's normal death to some type of gib death. Of course the larger enemies would look like crap turning into the smaller enemy gibs, unless you have them split into multiple gibs (Give some code pointer frames to their death sequence to spawn some as replacement lost souls and/or mancubus fireballs).

Making all of them gibbity is easy. I actually did that once just for fun. All the small enemies anyway.

What would be nice would be wad where all the bigger enemies have a gibbity death. I'd like to see a Baron splatter. Or a Cacodemon. Admittedly, some of them sort of splatter anyway (Cyberdemon, Pain Elemental), but a real all-gib wad would be interesting to see. Has this been made before? I'm sure it's not a new idea. I want a copy. =P