Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ultraviolet

Dexter

http://destruct.alkali.org/dexter/

I can't wait for this. Sounds like editing would be much quicker and painless. For any special effects editing, though, it sounds like the described interface would be inadequate. Still, you could much more quickly create the form of your level and then go to another editor and take care of the low-level stuff.

Anybody else heard of it? I strongly suggest that anybody who knows the developper should prod him along at any opportunity. :P

Yeah, I know. Somehow I got a link to his site, and then I was screwing around and found that. I don't know him personally, so I'll leave it to (you?) to bug the shit out of him about working on that editor so I can use it. Heh.

HAHA ITS NOT A 2PERSON THREAD NO MORE!!!

Well, This new editor should be interesting. Heh. :)

Fredrik said:

We're like coding it, and stuff.

See, that's why you should say more. I didn't know you were working on it. What else can you tell us about it?

Ultraviolet said:

See, that's why you should say more. I didn't know you were working on it. What else can you tell us about it?

It's going to be implemented as a component in a WAD editor.

Ultraviolet said:

......... so I can use it. Heh.

Oh yes, this might mean that I will finally, finally see something you have created. C'mon UV, where is my wad? Make me something with farm animals? Take that tntblood map11 (red barn) and populate it. :)

Hi all,
Glad to see people like the general idea of Dexter.

Yes, me and Fred have combined forces to work on a kick-ass Doom wad editor based on the gpled Winwad source. Dexter will now be the level editing component of the overall editor. Everything is still very much in the planning stages at the moment, so don't be expecting much in the short term.

As for the point made about special fx, this problem occurred to me as well. The solution will probably be that the editor will have two modes: the vector mode and the fine-control mode, the latter of which will resemble a more conventional level editor and will allow manipulation down to the raw bytes of the level data.

Heh, you have to tell Doomers not to expect much in the short term? Come on... Millennium... Mordeth II/III... ZDoom... we know, oh, we know...