Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

anyone know...

anyone know of any good and helpful linux message boards. or do any of u have expernce with linux and scsi adapters

well my problem is that i am trying to insall mandrake-linux on a SCSI hard drive. I need information on how to do this. my SCSI adapter card is a BusLogic. any help or a site with info on this would be a help

I did a quick check, and it seems that the kernel supports BusLogic cards. You will find your root partition will be named something like /dev/sda1 instead of the usual /dev/hda1 that you get with IDE hard drives. The Mandrake installer ought to detect the drive but SCSI drives are less common so its possible that it wont.

I expect the Mandrake website probably has forums where you can ask questions such as this.

When installing mandrake, it asks you whether you have any SCSI devices. So you probably should just say yes and select your hard drive.

I found out what DiskDrake did wrong. =)

Four partitions I chose to make. Sixteen did it create. Fourteen of them were simply BAD with all sorts of fucking errors. I finally found a program to fix that horrible curse Linux left on my system.

Yay! =)