Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Features

Unfortunately, from what I've heard, I don't think DOOM 3 is going to be very much like its predecessors. Because of the enviroments it has, there will likely be mouselook (I even like using that with ZDoom... good to look off ledges and aim. Personal prefference). Since there's such an argument over it, mayhap it'd be a good idea if ID left mouselook as an option? As for jump.... I think some enviroments may require it, so it too has a high chance of being. They want to use all of the techniques the new engine gives them, likely, which has a likelihood of -needing- mouselook and such. For example, if it has a little demon thing that can creep around on the ceiling (I hope they -do- have one ^_^), you're not going to want to wait for -it- to come down to your fixed aim level (and likely deal some damage), you'll wanna blow it off where it stands (err, or sticks... or clings) before it'll attack.

-Red Warrior, who is disappointed nobody commented on her 'play as a demon' idea....

Oh for Christ's sake. Yes, I love DOOM just as much as you silly people do, but PLEASE wake up from your coma and realise how stupid this thread is.

It's just sad to see so many people still stuck in 1993... how can you even question features like mouselook, jumping etc ? If you want Doom with pretty graphics and no new features, play the source ports. If you want an entirely new, immersive DOOM experience, join the club and wait for Doom III.

Yeah!.. with all options turned on it's a highly realistic full-3d amazingly complex FPS; with all options off, it's a side-scrolling arcade shooter...

Of course free look will be in, and jumping, etc..all the standards of motion/viewing.

Wouldn't mind a peaking around corner key.

Instead of fists, chainsaw (well, fists until you can get a chainsaw)

Also destructible environs..glass, lights, etc

maybe not full environs like Red Faction (that aspect of RF is cool..rest of game is dull)... cause full environs would casue other issues...but semi.

Sanjay

What about creature mode?!? Very few games have that (Nightmare Creatures had a real -glitchy- mode, but it was still cool!) -_-;;... who -doesn't- want to play as the new demons?!? It won't happen, but it's a neat idea ;-;....

999cop. They were bugs. I do enjoy them a lot anyway.. they make speedrunning and DMing more fun, but they won't fit in a new game. We don't need a game to replace doom, it's perfection as it is, it can't be improved. D3's gonna be a good game, but not doom as we know it.

You asked me if you could add me to your icq list on the Speedrunner's forum.

you lot are more hardcore DooMers than i thought. i dont even know what strafe50 and silent bfg is?!? :p

but i played doom alot single and multi player in the day. doom was the game that got me into fps. and i think its a great game.

but the new doom is going to be different, with mouse look and all the othher goodies. you will need to 'look' and 'jump' to apreciate the atmosphere and realistic graphics + environment.

you cant have the best of both world's, this is the new doom, accept that its not going to be the same. its modurn for christs sake

'options' would be too hard.

Oh for Christ's sake. Yes, I love DOOM just as much as you silly people do, but PLEASE wake up from your coma and realise how stupid this thread is.

It's just sad to see so many people still stuck in 1993... how can you even question features like mouselook, jumping etc ? If you want Doom with pretty graphics and no new features, play the source ports. If you want an entirely new, immersive DOOM experience, join the club and wait for Doom III.

Hold it right there. I dont just want Dom with pretty graphics without any new features, but mouselook is the only feature i hate it the most, jumping is acceptable to me, and im speaking from the point of view for deathmatch. Perhaps newdoom really needs to require mouselook/jumping/or more brand new features to entertain the newcomers. To be honest, I already love the look of those demons as ive seen them from the doom3 src, but im not so sure i would be so appreciated about its gameplay but i would love to try that when it comes out. As the matter of fact, I do not play any weird source ports like vovoom, or other custom feature port like batmandoom, ghostbusterdoom..those kinds. Anyway, about how people will be so additive to this new doom, we'll have to see about that :)

you lot are more hardcore DooMers than i thought. i dont even know what strafe50 and silent bfg is?!? :p

but i played doom alot single and multi player in the day. doom was the game that got me into fps. and i think its a great game.

but the new doom is going to be different, with mouse look and all the othher goodies. you will need to 'look' and 'jump' to apreciate the atmosphere and realistic graphics + environment.

you cant have the best of both world's, this is the new doom, accept that its not going to be the same. its modurn for christs sake

umm, go to competn.cjb.net to read for some hardcore doom experience faq =)

'options' would be too hard.

Well, I assure it could definitely be optional. Have you ever played Quake3 online games? The Mulitplayer option provides you can launch a server for your favorite gameplay mode: team deathmatch, ctf, rocket arena....including external mods too. So I suppose in Doom3, there will be an option that you can host an oldschool playing server. Hopefully idsoftware will make a perfect deathmatch map like Doom2map01 for those hot dm fans of us =]