Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deathz0r

anyone here use MSN?

Microsoft user support suggests that you delete the files if MS Notepad can't open them. Why would you need files that big?

Microsoft user support also said I should upgrade to WindowsME when I couldn't run some DOS stuff in Windows98.

AIM and ICQ suck, I hate the interface, too crowded stupid, damn, screens...

AIM crowded? ROFL. How can you say that after seeing ICQ? I just have to see MSN now...

It's a fact that more women use MSN instead of ICQ, or other programs. So, if you're a man, it would be wiser to use MSN.

Microsoft user support also said I should upgrade to WindowsME when I couldn't run some DOS stuff in Windows98.

If you paid for this advise, get your money back. The Tech people explained to me that ME is less friendly to DOS than 98 or 98SE.
Also for the NotePad. If you are into HTML use HomeSite and for C++ use BLoodSheed. I used NotePad for cut and paste and for large cuts, Wordpad in ASCII mode. Yep, I dislike Windows too, but it's on my comp. and is my slave, and I treaded as such.

It's a fact that more women use MSN instead of ICQ, or other programs. So, if you're a man, it would be wiser to use MSN.

Is that why I get a lot of suggestive messages??? LOL I am still looking for another message system, but if there are a lot of women on ICQ hmmmm I may break my anti AOL attitude. My girl left now for good, so ...

THE best text editor ever is UltraEdit.

It has syntax highlighting for zillions of languages, macro, templates and all that shit, hex mode, and EVERYTHING IN PURE ASCII MODE!!!! Seriously, it's great. Highly recommended, though it's only really useful for programming (or HTML)

My girl left now for good, so ...

Why? C'mon, share the pain!!

Nothing to cry about. Once I stop posting you know I got another one.

Hopefully this will not be another double post!
And Lament yeah this is a good editor, if you know what you are doing, I don't, so I use add-ons. Like for HTML, I love the help Homesite gives, and it's interaction with other programs.

And for HTML, use Dreamweaver :)

You still need to clean up the code. And the reason I got Homesite is 'cause it came with Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is a superior WYSWIG editor and not a HTML editor!
Also I use little known Net Object Fusion for simple sites. It's ten times faster than any other WYSWIG I used. :P

protect the rainforest! i'm sorry, what are we protesting for in here? Best HTML editor? in that case... NOTEPAD!

Notepad is not an editor. It's the most basic word processor. It does not edit anything. It just accepts any key entry you wish to. For your statement to be correct you need to have studied HTML. You also need to know one of the Server side languages. Perl, for example to make your site user interactive.
Let me put it this way.
This site Doomworld. I can make this site including the Forums in three to four weeks using Dreamweaver, Cold Fusion and Homesite and yes Notepad.
Now if you are telling me you can do it in the same time with Notepad alone, you should be able to do Doomworld with my programs in one week. Why use Notepad then?

p.s. this reminds me why is email notification the default? No topic stays at topic we are not even at MSN anymore.

You dont get much better than Emacs really. The entire environment is written in LISP, so you can redefine almost everything. You can even use it to check your mail, browse the web(yes, there is a web browser written in elisp), and it comes with a version of the classic "eliza" psychotherapist chatbot. And it has a text adventure as well, called "dunnet".

Oh, and you can use it to edit text files too :P

Phoenix, sites like doomworld are obviously NOT made with notepad; not even beause of the scripting (I don't see why you need a program for that) but because it's too hard to make complex tables. :)
On the other hand, for homepages and shit like that, Notepad just might be the best.
Also, you say that in order to use notepad you need to know HTML. Yeah right; but if you DON'T know HTML, what the fuck are you doing making a page? That's just fucked up.

Phoenix, sites like doomworld are obviously NOT made with notepad; not even beause of the scripting (I don't see why you need a program for that) but because it's too hard to make complex tables. :)

You think?

Yeah, i do. It's just one of those things that are really much easier with a wysiwyg editor, and I don't see a point in doing tables in notepad (though, of course, it can be done)
Again, I'm talking about complex tables... like doomworld homepage.

NOTEPAD!!!

BOW TO NOTEPAD!!! JOIN THE NOTEPAD CULT!!!

Yeah I use MSN, and I just got hacked by a fucker named George.W.Bush that hacked into my comp and screwed with me under my chat conversations.....not very funny tho....

BOW TO NOTEPAD!!! JOIN THE NOTEPAD CULT!!!

Sure, let me in. How can I join? Would love to terrorize the old school wiz kids. Murharharharhar

Yeah I use MSN, and I just got hacked by a fucker named George.W.Bush that hacked into my comp and screwed with me under my chat conversations.....not very funny tho....

Did you at least hack back????

OK... let me get all the forum tags here...

WRONG

While I won't say that no part of Doomworld was made with a WYSIWYG editor, the VAST VAST MAJORITY of it was IN FACT created with Notepad. All the modifications I've made to the forums? Notepad. The Doomworld redesign I am working on? Textpad (like Notepad but better).

While I won't say that no part of Doomworld was made with a WYSIWYG editor, the VAST VAST MAJORITY of it was IN FACT created with Notepad. All the modifications I've made to the forums? Notepad. The Doomworld redesign I am working on? Textpad (like Notepad but better).

Whoops...
You're a pretty good web designer then. :)