Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crizk

Edge mods and wads?

Nick Perrin said:

I don't know if any other guns will have 30-50 frames like mine do(although sometimes it is a pain in the ass to make, but it pays off).

NO*

*(Translation: Potential flame has been removed)

In Nick's defense.. we both do completely different things. I draw weapons and he codes sprites into the game. I've also always thought of animation as on par with gfx. Sometimes less attractive sprites are enhanced by a smooth animation. I love the way everything moves in old games like Meatal Slug.

Mine don't have 30 frames is because it takes, like what, 5 hours to make a single frame. How do you get them nick? Do you Screenshot them and paste them in or use like a model viewer?

[edit] what the..? Wait... did you copy and paste my opinions from my website?

Kirby X said:

The inability to calm down.

Three words: Everybody = different.

Thre's nothing wrong with 3d weaps in doom, my glu0n mod uses pics of quake1 weapons. (not the quake ones, but mods and mine)

ravage said:

Thre's nothing wrong with 3d weaps in doom, my glu0n mod uses pics of quake1 weapons. (not the quake ones, but mods and mine)

O-kaaaaaaaaay... *SMILIE REMOVED*

/me gives up the argument and heads back to my personal dugout.

Nick Perrin said:

Edit: Anyway, work is coming along nicely on Desert Warrior, and I don't really want to spoil much, but... It's going to require a GOOD computer(we're talking one with a good video card and high Mhz, preferably a PII-P4 that can use Peter Johansson's EDGE new source code exec that takes advantage of L2 Cache properties, and makes EDGE run so much faster in terms of FPS and just in general processing.

Aw... Dammit, looks like I won't be able to play it, on account my computer is a piece of shit and I don't have a lot of space on mine... :/ :(

Lizardcommando said:

Aw... Dammit, looks like I won't be able to play it, on account my computer is a piece of shit and I don't have a lot of space on mine... :/ :(

Ditto, but I think I can pull a luckshot. :)

Lizardcommando said:

Same here... :( Argh! A keyboard failiure!!! Grrr.

Nick Perrin said:

preferably a PII-P4 that can use Peter Johansson's EDGE new source code exec that takes advantage of L2 Cache properties, and makes EDGE run so much faster in terms of FPS and just in general processing.

Rubbish. I've tried it (PIII) and have not seen any of the supposedly wonderful improvements in speed that I was promised: Edge still runs jerky on any medium-sized map. I didn't notice any higher FPS nor anything else.

Nick Perrin said:

Peter Johansson's EDGE new source code exec that takes advantage of L2 Cache properties, and makes EDGE run so much faster in terms of FPS and just in general processing.

Does it actually make EDGE stable?

deathz0r asked:
Does it actually make EDGE stable?

It probably depends on what kind of computer processor you're running.

ravage said:

Ditto, but I think I can pull a luckshot. :)

I forgot to say that the exec edit also works with AMD processors. You CAN pull a luckshot! You do have an Athlon, right?

As for the others, I might just, after completing the demo, make a light version for those who need it. However, with all of the effects, Desert Warrior is going to look sweet, almost as nice as it will play.

One thing: You're going to need GL support. Dynamic lighting is a big part of this mod.

Nick Perrin said:

One thing: You're going to need GL support. Dynamic lighting is a big part of this mod.

Uh? Ieee! arrgh *gurgle* >thud<

Nick Perrin said:

I forgot to say that the exec edit also works with AMD processors. You CAN pull a luckshot! You do have an Athlon, right?

As for the others, I might just, after completing the demo, make a light version for those who need it. However, with all of the effects, Desert Warrior is going to look sweet, almost as nice as it will play.

No athlon. :o An, you killed the kat. :P

I used to have an EDGE mod. I worked on it for five years this march and I've only gotten two levels done, so I trashed it.

I've made a new version of it using EDGE, but I got nowhere to throw it up cuz I only got inet access at the library and I can't ftp or sch here. If anyone wants a copy (roughly one minute long and 90% script), just post in here and I'll email it. I'm thinking about releasing the old mod as a weapons pack (it had some nice weapons)

EDIT: Forgot to add this. the old webby for it was http://www.geocities.com/tobester . I dunno if it's still up. I may go check right now.

EDIT AGAIN: it's actually geocities.com/tobester666 and it is up. Brings back memories :~)

okay, in few days check your mail and you shall have it.

im not totally recovered yet.

I think dest threw some pictures of my tumor on my webby

http://tobester.slipgate.org

but I don't know, because my site is blocked out now (stupid BESS at the library)