Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

doom... next??

well the doom ports have been going on for a long time. however what about quake ports? are there any quake engine updated ports? if so what are they and what are the sites.

PS i have looked at quakeforge.net but there is no instructions on installation and use. as far as i can tell they dont have a working exe that would not need some programming or compileing.

There are quite a few Quake (and Quake 2) ports. Most of them simply don't work on my graphics card though.

The one that does and I like is Tomaz quake. It's pretty limited compared to some of the more advanced quake exe replacements, but it does add good OpenGL support, optional water caustics and a bunch of features that help make Quake very playable and good looking to a more modern standard. Try out the others if you have the hardware for it though.

well good thing i just built a good PC, really could use more ram. so at 1.8Ghz and 256MB memory i should be fine. however i still have a crapy geforce2.

PS, i dont think the geforce2 is crappy. its a nice card for the moment and still makes games run fast and look good.

I use Darkplaces, since my computer isn't quite good enough for Tenebrae. I like the way the blood behaves in darkplaces.

tenebrea kicks ass!! however even on my system it runs slow. around 25-10 fps. so i am trying the others to find one i like. man if that gets some code cleaning and other tweaking tenebrea will really kick ass

look for MHGLQuake (look for the file mhglqr6.zip) imho is the best quake 1 port out there. run great on my fairly humble macheaine and even supports some funky new mapping fetures (fog, coloured lighting, better rocket trails).

Sephiroth said:

well the doom ports have been going on for a long time. however what about quake ports? are there any quake engine updated ports? if so what are they and what are the sites.

PS i have looked at quakeforge.net but there is no instructions on installation and use. as far as i can tell they dont have a working exe that would not need some programming or compileing.

You did it again, asking a quake question on dw. What about ask on a quake forum?.

GEE I'M SUCH A BRILLIANT GUY WHO HAS BUMPED AN OLD THREAD JUST TO BE A DIPSHIT!!!!

textQuake and that drawing-mode Quake are awesome. :)
tenebrae and all the proxy-QWs own.

Torn said:

You did it again, asking a quake question on dw. What about ask on a quake forum?.

Maybe they were Newdoomers in disguise. :P You never know. :P

or we could invade a quake forum and ask questions about doom there :P

Don't bother with a quake port. If you want the ablities of quake with the unsurpassable superiority of Doom, just wait till Doom3 comes out.