Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

New deathmatch wad - testers

I've just finished Chaingun Arena for Doom II. It's now available for testing before it's release. Whoever wants to play-test it, just post your e-mail address.

Anyone else want to try it? I've got the zip available for e-mail so you can play asap -- test it with friends, etc.

Hmm... After playtesting, I think the map design is nice but you need to fix some of the doors and misaligned textures. And add some detail and secrets.
Keep up the good work....!

Heh, it's good for a first wad. Some of the areas were a bit annoying to manuveur around though (like that pit). It looks more like a training wad than an actural dm level.

Well, I fixed all the stuff you and other testers mentioned. The final release is now available at request.

Vulg@r sent me chaingunarena.wad last night, and I must admit, it's not at all bad for a first wad, not at all.
However, there were some problems:
The MIDBAR textures in the one raised piece of ground in the one corner of the arena are sunk into the ground.
The step textures should be changed, IMO.
The indoor area of the arena is a bit expansive, IMO.

Still yet, not bad, I had a good time with it. :)

w00t. :) I sent you the final release. The level is far improved now.

I just played the latest version. The new areas look great. I disagree with the addition of the BFG though, but meh.

Hey, Vulg@r, I tested it and had alot of fun. I hope you get more into Doom editing more, I'd look forward to testing out your DM maps in the future :)

I'm glad that it's proving to be a fun map. :) Well, DooMBoy and I are teaming up for a DM wad set. If anyone else wants to join, you're more than welcome to.

I would, but uh, I got all of the following projects going at once:

Dark Nexus Code: L
Dark Nexus Code: Z
Doom64 TC: The Absolution
NewDoom Community Project
NewDoom Legacy Project
My own Legacy DMage
Creating the Escher room from Labyrinth in my latest DM (pic below)

Okay, just give me your e-mail address again, please.

*EDIT* Actually, with Use3D's help, it'll be in the newest Newstuff Chronicles. So if you want it, you can get it there. Because I've modified it even further before I sent it to Use3D.

S'okay. Just dl it when it's on Newstuff Chronicles.

The map is fun Vulg@r, much cooler than my first few maps, damn editors these days take all the hair pulling frustration out of Doom editing! did you want me to upload it to /newstuff?

Done. It might not get reviewed this late, but it's only a deathmatch level, so maybe they can squeeze it in.