Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
X-DOOM

Maximum script of Wad Author

I'm at the maximum numbers of characters in the Wad Author ACS scripting TextBox.
How can i change the old NotePad from him to the WordPad ?

Thanks

I'm at the maximum numbers of characters in the Wad Author ACS scripting TextBox.
How can i change the old NotePad from him to the WordPad ?

Thanks

That's not Notepad, but a custom "text" dialog. I didn't use that form for that very reason (plus one misses all the standard features in Notepad/Wordpad using vanilla api boxes (meaning I didn't have to code it).

To the best of my knowledge, you can't change "him" since I see no option to let you override. He should have checked for the 64k max since that's the "normal" api limit without custom work. This is similar to WA's maximum map size limit boundaries - once you get there, too bad for "him".

Actually, if you've run out of room for scripting, just trying cutting down on your code a bit... make variable loops and scripts that are constantly being referred back to, to do similar things... i don't know why the deepteam always wants to be dissin on wadauthor, who has a WAY better shareware setup for one thing... WadAuthor RULES!!

.. i don't know why the deepteam always wants to be dissin on wadauthor, who has a WAY better shareware setup for one thing... WadAuthor RULES!!

Dissin? Really? I told him how it works and that's that. Anything else are your imaginations. I didn't hear any solution from you ("cutting back" is not a solution- rather an avoidance of the problem).

There is a solution, although a bit clumsy, that I should have thought of. Randy posted it. It involves making the main ACS an "include" of the actual file. Use Wordpad to do the editing and compile the "fake". Works, but you have to sidestep (ie, unproductive) to get the scripting done.

That there are various basic problems in various areas is recognized by many - despite your protests. There are several levels that FAIL to load in WA because of size issues. Lut's for one, NJ's TRAIN for another - basically any level that's developed to a robust size and dimension. That and that you can't really directly edit the new port flags - a significant problem (hex hacking is not exactly user friendly).

What's funny is that the threads a while back for "WA improvements" listed all the features currently in DeePsea - but that's another topic.

In fact, I'm amazed at the lengths people go to to break up the prefabs to make stuff. A lot of WA levels actually fail to properly break up. The next release has an error checker that show this problem in some very excellent levels:) For you prefab only guys, I also made the next release outprefab the prefab editors:)

FYI: the WA shareware setup means that hardly anyone registers - too easy to defeat. People are what there are - and if they have a way to bypass a time-limit they do! I personally hate time-limited software. If he actually had implemented it in a way that worked, so would you. 15-30 day time limits assume I'm going to work my ass off trying out the "sample" and that just not the way I (nor many) do things. I originally bought PSP because the time limit is way generous.

I was amazed that John had no idea what was happening. "Better" for deadbeats but hardly better for WA:) Doesn't gives him much motivation for releasing new stuff does it!

BTW: Try an objective comparison and see rather than shouting emotions.

Don't make fun of the way X-DOOM talks, he's not too good with his english so we should all understand that and respect him for it.

Don't make fun of the way X-DOOM talks, he's not too good with his english so we should all understand that and respect him for it.

"Him" has been pointed out to "him" -with explanation- (more times than you and I can count) is not exactly appropriate. But what the heck.

So instead of making "fun", I was just going along with the way he views English. So before you jump in and ASSUME, know something about the background.

Ok what's wrong, i know i'M not a expert when i want to talk in english, but i do my best.

Roughly put:

Unlike many other languages, English has "gender" mostly for living things (not counting ships, airplanes and other tradition bound artifacts and then they are mostly female.

Hurricanes used to be all females till that got caught up with political correctness, so now we have male hurricanes too:) It's all worked out how many males vs female hurricanes we have to have.

So a program is just a program. There is no gender - not even a neutered one. OTOH, it really doesn't matter, sort of interesting to catch a glimpse of another language via translation.

Are you trying to said i'm using a translator program to speak in english ? If it's you think, well it's not !
:)

Are you trying to said i'm using a translator program to speak in english ? If it's you think, well it's not !:)

No, unless you are a "translator" program. But you are a "program" of sorts, just that you use the rules native to your own language. A computer translation program knows about the gender gap (an English joke).

Don't play along with his views of english, you know exactly what he's saying. You don't have to point out to him that he has bad english. I don't think he needs anyone to teach him english right now. Some people could get really offended by this, it seems X-DOOM isn't but it's quite unnecessary, it doesn't answer his question. If it's already answered(I wasn't paying attention) then forget what I said.

Don't play along with his views of english, you know exactly what he's saying. You don't have to point out to him that he has bad english

You need to get a sense of humor. I'm not playing anything. Trying to stir up trouble where there is none, is not very nice and a reflection on your own character. Since when did English grammar become a "views of english". At the least be accurate and objective if you feel like putting your 2 bits in.

I didn't point out that he has "bad english" (like you just did). Another Geez. Merely that languages differ in gender and "him" is not required. You (like him) are centralizing on your own views and failing to see the big picture.

One can see differences and actually enjoy them. Amazing isn't it, that I intended no animosity - unlike yourself.

Btw, most people who converse in a language not native, appreciate knowing the differences. That's both from experience as one who knows more than 1 language and from conversing with same).

... it doesn't answer his question. If it's already answered(I wasn't paying attention) then forget what I said.

Now that's even funnier. Here you are spouting off and you think that is an excuse? Yeah, I answered the question right up front. Imagine that - I understood the question. Like this is such a long thread that you couldn't follow it. Thanks for pointing out that you were on the prowl for injecting your own personal nonsense into a conversation.

Since you missed the ASSUME part completely (in your need to preach), here's what that means: ASSUME stands for making an ASS out of U and ME.

ok ok !

Can we stop this war, please ?

I think i have now make too much sh:t for a little topic.
Sorry :)

ok ok !I think i have now make too much sh:t for a little topic.

War? Umm. Not exactly. When I'm in a "war", you'll be able to tell right away:)

But do you now understand why "him" is not required? IOW, you just state the name of the object without putting a gender in front. That was mentioned to you many times in the ZDOOM forum, but I don't think you are understanding what is being said?? (That's a question)

I find it quite endearing whenever I hear non-english speakers make mistakes. At least they take the effort to learn another language (partially or fully), something that can't be said for the majority of native english speakers.

And, X-Doom's referring to inanimate objects as "him" is one of the things that make the guy unique. It's not correct, but IMO it's a cute personality trait.

Wow, isn't this just such an exciting topic?! <yawn> I graduated a few years back, and I'm not really interested in anymore English lessons.. lol.. but hey, whatever...

I find it quite endearing ... And, X-Doom's referring to inanimate objects as "him" is one of the things that make the guy unique

I hope that's not directed at me, since that's EXACTLY what I wrote to start with.

"But what the heck" - as I wrote -means I really don't care. When I quoted "him", it was an appreciation of the application of "owner" language to another language. And that's what "translation" is all about.

What is amazing in "threads" is almost always nobody bothers to start at the beginning. And then they use selective reading to "interpret" whatever they want.

So read my replies with the idea that I really didn't care, but OTOH, he might be interested in the right way. And it's interesting to see "translations".

using what as an excuse??? didn't you recently telling me I was assuming things?? X-DOOM, it's not about you anymore, it's about deepteam's idiocy.

Ok replacing "playing along" with "going along" if that really matters to you, you think I don't have a sense of humor? You think I was assuming things? I can easily tell that behind all these words you are trying to tell me that everything is my fault and I am stupid, you might think I am assuming things but I don't think i'd be the only person. And if you think I don't have a sense of humor why do you give a shit? To me it sounds like you are showing off to someone. Just the way you said everything. what's your problem dude?

My my, you really think you have point eh? Ok smarty pants

you think I don't have a sense of humor?

Read my lips <this is war talk>

You think I was assuming things?

More lip reading <more war talk>

I can easily tell that behind all these words you are trying to tell me that everything is my fault

My my, so you are a mind reader <and even more wt>

and I am stupid

If you say so <see, this can be fun>

why do you give a shit?

About what? Nice try at trying to change the subject. IOW, why did YOU jump into this accusing me of things you know nothing about? And now you are evading the point You made a small ASSUME out of yourself by making an accusation that is simply not true. I answered the question right up front. How about that.

To me it sounds like you are showing off to someone.

That just shows you are a newbie. I'm always this way. And I love a battle of wits .. and .. facts. Maybe I'm showing off to you .. <laughing>

what's your problem dude?

Whose problem? Go back and see what you did/are doing.

You jumped into a conversation not knowing shit about me and presume a whirl of B.S from you would go unchallenged.

Try to UNDERSTAND what I wrote and not SKIM over like you did the first time and as you are doing now.

To make sure you stick to something objective (and not go off on some wild witch hunt) these are the relevant topics:

1. Did I answer the question?
2. Am I making fun of X or do I really care he uses 'him'?

But if you want to make this a pissing contest .. fine.

Si vous pouviez savoir que j'adorerais seulement parler en français ici. Je crois que je serais heureux. Il y a plein de Doomer francophone dans le monde qui sont obligés de parler en anglais.

Je sais que parfois je scrapes mes mots en anglais. J'ai fais mes études jusqu'aux 5e secondaire et j'ai fais 10 ans de cours en anglais. Je ne suis même pas encore bilingue après tout ce temps. Je fais des erreurs mais je les corriges le mieux possible. Enfin j'essaie de dire strictement ce que je désire sans trop en ajouter. Parfois ça me fais vraiment ch*er de devoir l'écrire en anglais.

/* Ce que ça fait du bien de s'exprimer dans ma langue :)))))))))) */

Je crois que ça peut être difficile pour les anglophones ici présent de comprendre à 100% ce qui est écrit. 20 % le savent, 30 % cherchent à comprendre et 50 % d'entre eux s'en chr*st carrément :)

MDR :) (lol)

/* Sorry this is a unique french post :) Try translating, i will have some fun to read hehe */

Merci Mizz, Jayextee, et ChaosOverlord pour votre support.

deepteam : je prends tout en riant, je ne suis pas rancunier.

About what?<read the whole sentance together and you'll see > Nice try at trying to change the subject<assuming I'm trying to change the subject>. IOW, why did YOU jump into this accusing me of things you know nothing about<ASSUMING>? And now you are evading the point You made a small ASSUME out of yourself by making an accusation that is simply not true<ASSUMING, evading what point?? I don't see any point to this.>. I answered the question right up front. How about that.

Whose problem? Go back and see what you did/are doing.<you do the same>

You jumped into a conversation not knowing shit about me and presume a whirl of B.S from you would go unchallenged<ASSUMING>.

Try to UNDERSTAND what I wrote and not SKIM over like you did the first time and as you are doing now.<I understand exactly what you wrote and I gave a valid response, it seems you think this is some kind of war like everything I say is meant to be a comeback in a verbal battle>

To make sure you stick to something objective (and not go off on some wild witch hunt) these are the relevant topics:

1. Did I answer the question?
2. Am I making fun of X or do I really care he uses 'him'?

But if you want to make this a pissing contest .. fine<I think you are the one making it a pissing contest, all I said was you shouldn't "go along" with the "hims" and you thought I was starting a battle with you by doing shitloads of assumetions. For example:

"Him" has been pointed out to "him" -with explanation- (more times than you and I can count) is not exactly appropriate. But what the heck.

So instead of making "fun", I was just going along with the way he views English. So before you jump in and ASSUME, know something about the background.

Where did I ASSUME!? Maybe it wasn't making fun but it wasn't assuming, you were accusing me of assuming.

next example:

Don't play along with his views of english, you know exactly what he's saying. You don't have to point out to him that he has bad english

You need to get a sense of humor. I'm not playing anything. Trying to stir up trouble where there is none, is not very nice and a reflection on your own character. Since when did English grammar become a "views of english". At the least be accurate and objective if you feel like putting your 2 bits in.

I didn't point out that he has "bad english" (like you just did). Another Geez. Merely that languages differ in gender and "him" is not required. You (like him) are centralizing on your own views and failing to see the big picture.

One can see differences and actually enjoy them. Amazing isn't it, that I intended no animosity - unlike yourself.

Btw, most people who converse in a language not native, appreciate knowing the differences. That's both from experience as one who knows more than 1 language and from conversing with same).

... it doesn't answer his question. If it's already answered(I wasn't paying attention) then forget what I said.

Now that's even funnier. Here you are spouting off and you think that is an excuse? Yeah, I answered the question right up front. Imagine that - I understood the question. Like this is such a long thread that you couldn't follow it. Thanks for pointing out that you were on the prowl for injecting your own personal nonsense into a conversation.

Since you missed the ASSUME part completely (in your need to preach), here's what that means: ASSUME stands for making an ASS out of U and ME.

1. "Trying to stir up trouble where there is none"
2. "Here you are spouting off and you think that is an excuse?" < Well whaddaya know, you are also a mind reader >

All I am saying is you are the one starting shit, I wasn't accusing you of anything before, maybe I put it the wrong way but you assumed I was trying to stir up trouble, I admitted that I wasn't paying attention to the main question, that doesn't mean anything! That doesn't mean I am spouting off thinking that as an excuse.

deepteam : je prends tout en riant, je ne suis pas rancunier.

You haven't got a clue what I'm writing, do you? And now you get a smart stick pointing up there. I didn't care about "him" and even thinks it's funny. But you do have an attitude problem. Although you think you can read English 100%, your actions show you read in the same way you write - slight hiccups.

Suggestion - learn how to quote. Very confusing. Copying a style is also very [see Lame] and of course reinforces my whole point that you just "want to get on top" regardless of the lack of logic [a common male ego thing].

All I am saying is you are the one starting shit

Nothing of the kind. You are a poopie. Does that make you one? You see, throwing around accusations is a very lame tactic I'm accustomed to. When people get stuck in an online argument they both deny .. deny.. deny.. and make stuff up. Where did I start anything? It's in you head kid [a mental figure of speech].

Like I said, are you a mind reader? I meant nothing more and nothing less than what I explained. Any attempts to fabricate something out of that is just trying to cause trouble.

Facts: I answered the question and wrote "him" as a little joke. He knows who I am [and you didn't know that did you!].

His reply above shows he doesn't really understand English - picks up bits and pieces and is a bit arrogant enough to believe he actually knows what I wrote [seems he wants to join the pissing contest]. He's French after all (come'on any country that makes it a crime to publish a web site in English has a problem).

I wasn't accusing you of anything before, maybe I put it the wrong way but you assumed I was trying to stir up trouble

No assuming about it. You were and are. Period. Jesus, you even quote your own "Don't make fun of the way X-DOOM talks.." What exactly was that?

First you ASSUMED that I was making fun (in the bad way). Secondly, you ASSUMED that he and I don't know each other. [Get it yet]

I admitted that I wasn't paying attention to the main question, that doesn't mean anything! That doesn't mean I am spouting off thinking that as an excuse.

I'm laughing again how you admit "I wasn't paying attention to the main question and now claim "that doesn't mean anything!".

Doesn't mean anything? My boy, if you jump in not paying attention it means you jumped in just to cause trouble. Thinking somehow you have the right and the knowledge to do so. QED [look it up]

(Of course in most arguments I have online the other person has no clue that technically the argument is over, but it goes on and on and on .. blah)

Alrighty now, let's make this a nice thread :)

(: (: LOOK! :) :)

K I T T E N S !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Take a moment ... inhale a deep breath ... admire the beauty ... bask in the cuteness ... calm your nerves ... and relax.

Else this thread is gonna turn up missing.

Alrighty now, let's make this a nice thread :) ... Else this thread is gonna turn up missing.

Your kittens didn't all show up. So for punishment you'll have to endure.

It is a nice thread. This is like very very very (is that enough very's) tame. Don't let the "job" get to your head.

If you want to move it, just DO IT - don't threaten. No thread is that big a deal. All turns invisible over a short period of time (no attention span on the web you know:)

PS: OTOH, for a constant source of asinine stuff see--> deadie. That'll keep you busy. It helps to be consistent in whatever mode you want to operate in:)

Your kittens didn't all show up.

They work for me ;(

This is like very very very (is that enough very's) tame.

I realize that; just making sure it stays as such. It has a lot of potential to go haywire. Happened quite a few times in the old forum, of course, that was usually me that was involved back then :P

Oops - you had each kitten for each letter.

It has a lot of potential to go haywire

"Threating" is just not a good way to moderate. Do it when it happens, not "IF" it may happen.

And who cares if old threads "come back"?

One has to be careful that one's own personal tastes don't become a dictatorship of sorts.

Happened quite a few times in the old forum, of course, that was usually me that was involved back then :P

Old, new, it's all the same. Now why did you do what you did? Bored? Trying to eliminate all arguments is sort of like watching paint dry.