Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadman

Community Chest Project

Keep your eyes open!

The "Community Chest Project" is completed! I have just uploaded it to "Incoming."

I would like to thank the entire Doom Community for all their support. This project actually started out as a fluke, I thought about the possibility of doing something like this and actually completing something for the community instead of all the vaporware projects that are out there!

Everyone that has been involved with this project I want to thank you for all the hard work you have put into it, thanks so much! This is your project and you made it happen! I just kind of pushed it along...:)

This is a mixture of maps with no set order for themes and the such. These are just maps done by individual authors. Some maps are more detailed than others and some are very difficult to complete! Watch out for Map29!!

All maps have been tested for solo play and they can be completed! They are designed for solo play, even though all player starts and at least 4 dm starts are in the maps.

Use a source port for these maps! They are designed for Boom/PrBoom but play well under ZDoom. Don't use JDoom or Vavoom, they don't like bridges! The maps only use original Doom2 triggers and specials, nothing more.

We the Team at Community Chest hope you like it! Thanks everyone!

Cadman - TeamTNT

Now everyone can see what the 1100+ posts were about.

Here we go, off to the next project. ;)

Cadman said:

I just kind of pushed it along...:)

Without which, no doubt, the project would have ended up in the same pile of vaporware to which you alluded.

Kudos to you for keeping everything on track, putting the wad together, running the wad through different node/reject builders, checking and re-checking, and all the other duties that go along with being a project manager. No small task.

Thanks, Cadman.

The files will be available when they get moved to "Newstuff." If you can't see them then don't worry about it. They are in the incoming directory, I checked.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Apparently a glitch here--I don't see the files. If you uploaded to pub/incoming, I can't get to it there. Has to be pub/idgames/incoming.

Is anyone even allowed to put anything in /pub/incoming?

>> Is anyone even allowed to put anything in /pub/incoming?

Well, I don't know, but if so it's a one-way trip. You can't see the files after you upload them, and by "you" I mean me too :)

All clear--moved to Newstuff. Now we wish the mirroring was faster... It's on a 6-hour cycle to 3darchives.in-span.net and I think it just cycled a bit ago. So... this evening some time I guess, unless you want to overwhelm 3dgamers.com. Which I'm sure you do.

Now all we need is the news post.

Download complete. Now to go play it for a few hours, heheh...

map01-05 were great. Stuck on map06 now with no ammo and about 10 revenants down the stairs waiting for me >_<

Just taken a quick peak at a few random maps - played Torn's map all the way through, and just dabbled otherwise. Nice stuff. (Yeah, OK, that's an understatement!)

After playing the first couple of maps, I started playing a few later maps, including map 30, which was nice (especially that totem pole of an Icon of Sin), but easy to beat once you figure out what to do. I did like that floor changing trick though.

Ichor said:

After playing the first couple of maps, I started playing a few later maps, including map 30, which was nice (especially that totem pole of an Icon of Sin), but easy to beat once you figure out what to do. I did like that floor changing trick though.

Yeah, Thomas Van Der Velden is the man.

Did you happen to play map 25 at all?

map25 is a slaughterhouse, I love it. Awesome music choice too!

If you can get past that first area without being nearly killed, and if you can collect a few items along the way, it gets slightly easier.

Erik said:

map01-05 were great. Stuck on map06 now with no ammo and about 10 revenants down the stairs waiting for me >_<

Have you found the rocket launcher? (I had ammo trouble first time round until I found that)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Have you found the rocket launcher? (I had ammo trouble first time round until I found that)

The RL was a cinch compared to some of those other bizarre Wolfenstein-style "secrets."

Use3d:

Whoa, map12 kicks ass! I think it makes it onto my top 10 list of best maps ever in fact. Reminds me a bit of dark covenant but with much more detail and fantastic lighting and layout. The secrets are fantastic too. Only very small letdown in it was those shootable switches that could be a bit tricky to find, at least the first 2, then I caught onto it.

Thanks! Glad you like it. I think map12 and map13 contrast nicely.

Archvile46 said:

Did you happen to play map 25 at all?

I've just spent a while on it. Very nice map - the type that really appeals to me (except that I can't quite imagine Pacifist being feasible). Max looks really rough, so I went for the easy option: UV Speed in 2:37 (first exit). I hope that was an intentional shortcut that you allowed...

BTW, there is some visual crappola in the blood streams/canals in this map if you play it with GLBoom.