Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StRiKeR

E1 Community Project?

Would anybody be interested in E1 community project? After the success off The Community Chest Mega-Wad, this would be a good thing. I love E1 style levels, and who doesn't? NovaShock isn't gonna be quit E1 style. The fist level may look like it some, but the second level will be totally not E1.

Sounds cool, but a mega-wad on DOOM 2 doing the " Ultimate retelling of Ultimate DOOM" is not DOOM. I won't criticize it untill I play it though :)

Striker, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Yes, it is a tag. That being said, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

After heading up the "Community Chest" project let me tell you it was no piece of cake! There are many projects out there that have been in the works for some time, some will never get done. Hopefully, some of those projects will get done. I would love to play them, come on boys! I learned alot from this project and what it takes to keep it going. Being a Project Leader is a demanding job, just ask Mordeth or Ty Halderman. The Community Chest Project was alot of hard work and so far it has been a good success story. Getting all those mappers together and then trying to coordinate it all to make it work is tough. If it wasn't for the mappers, graphic artists and the such and a little dedication from the great team we had this project would have never even gotten off the ground.

Right now there are more than enough projects to help out in, let's get those done first. It seems as if everyone wants to a Project Leader, it's not all glorious as people think it is. Check the projects, maybe they need some help.

I'm helping with Andy Leaver's project and leaving my role (for the time being) as a Project Leader and getting into just some good old fashioned Level Designing. And being a member of TeamTNT I still have work to do on "Dadeleus: Alien Defense." I can't shirk my responsibilities with TeamTNT.

Whatever direction you take I hope you succeed.

No really, join D:E like Epyo said. We need a couple E1 slots I think. If not, I know for certain that E3 needs a few spots, and E2 probably does too.

Ever heard of the doomcenter E1 week megawad? incedentally anyone know where i can download it?, ive got it on the computer downstairs but im too lazy to get it XD

StRiKeR said:

Would anybody be interested in E1 community project?

Although it's not a community project, there's an E1 project under way. Actually it's two related projects -- one for vanilla DooM and one for ZDooM. Each will feature 8+1 levels. Currently E1M2 is complete and E1M1 is 95% done. You can get more information here.

I am making episode1 for our doom1 megawad for doom's 10th birthday.

StRiKeR said:

Hey Cadman, did you do any levels in the TNT:Evilution wad? If so, which ones?

The "Final Doom" project was before my time, I'm sorry to say. I can't take any credit for it. I've been with TeamTNT since about 1998 I believe.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT