Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Heretics Son

Question about Zdoom.

i KNOW there is a way to do it.. but is there ANY way I can disable the gui weapon sprites? I wanna take screenshots of the levels and not have the weapons in the way.

there are deh patches that have invisible weapon sprites if you're really hardcore.

ZDoomGL can disable weapon sprites IIRC. I dont remember the exact command though. Just look though the ini for something like "draw_weapon" or something like that.

Yes.

Hey! What would happen if I put a normal sprite in for a weapons sprite? I could put the 5-view of a Cyberdemon firing for the rocket launcher! Wow, that's really dumb!

For nice clean screen shots, type the following at the console

screenshot_quiet 1

r_drawplayersprites 0

The first command switches off the "screenshot" message, so it won't appear in your shots if you take a load close to each other.

The second hides the player weapons.

screenshot_quiet 0

r_drawplayersprites 1

Puts things back how they were.

You can put that all together in a single command can't you? With Legacy I just have it bound to a single key press. Makes taking screenies much easier and nicer.

Rellik said:

You can put that all together in a single command can't you? With Legacy I just have it bound to a single key press. Makes taking screenies much easier and nicer.

Or you can just do it the way I have for the past long while; Use an Invisable Skin and put on Chasecam :P

Rellik said:

Yes, that's possible. to use the p key to take screenshots type the following in the console:

bind p "screenshot_quiet 1; r_drawplayersprites 0; screenshot; r_drawplayersprites 1"

Enjay said:

For nice clean screen shots, type the following at the console

screenshot_quiet 1

r_drawplayersprites 0

The first command switches off the "screenshot" message, so it won't appear in your shots if you take a load close to each other.

The second hides the player weapons.

screenshot_quiet 0

r_drawplayersprites 1

Puts things back how they were.

thats for zdoom, right?