Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HI, im french sorry for my bad english.

I search for a Doom PSX WAD music files about 2 or 3 week and i didn't find it!!

Anyone have a wad of the real Doom PSX music for me please.

Thanks a lot ;)

Ouais, je sais que le dépôt à fermer et je n'ai aucune idée d'où tu pourrais trouver la bande original de PSX Doom.
Peux-être sur un file sharer. Il est probable que certaines personnes l'aient sur leur ordi...

hahahahahah, fransk er lamt, lad os snakker dansk istedet for... :P

boris said:

WAREZ WAREZ WAREZ!!!!

Didn't PSX Doom have CD audio tracks?

Yes and no. The Audio tracks on there are used for only the intermission screens, the finale screens, and the title screens. One of them is actually played during one of the secret levels.

The rest of the PSX Doom music is in a different format different from the CD-Audio music. It is considered ambient music and the structure for it is quite different from other methods of music playing in the background.

And it kicks ass, more importantly-anywya, i dont think there is any wad files with PSX doom music in, its probably stored as lumps in the wads on the PSX CD, rather than as normal CD audio tracks, so you'll need to find a program to open the PSX Doom wads, which XWE MIGHT (and i say MIGHT) be able to do, but i doubt it...

I'm pretty sure there was such a WAD on the Doom Depot, but has already been mentioned above "Doom Depot a fermé".

Edit: Gah, I took too long just sitting with this thread open instead of answering. This post should have come just after deathbringer's.

Anyway, according to the Doom Depot (from what I remember) the quality was "awesome". I didn't get the whole wad (modem too slow) but I did grab a couple of MP3's and the quality was indeed very good.

oh yeah, there was PSX Doom MP3's on doom depot, and ZDoom supports MP3's

Buuut, doom depot is pretty much shut down, i think they said it might be back after the doom64 TC was released, cause the main reason for closing it was all the ethical whiners going on about the resources

The Merovingian said:

Ouais, je sais que le dépôt à fermer et je n'ai aucune idée d'où tu pourrais trouver la bande original de PSX Doom.
Peux-être sur un file sharer. Il est probable que certaines personnes l'aient sur leur ordi...

Tu t'es enregistré le 04-75, soit en 1975 ??

The Doom PSX level music is in fact a type of midi format, which means you can't "rip" it from the psx cd. You can get at the individual samples/instruments but not the structure of the music.

The mp3 music that was available at the Doom Depot was of a very high quality, although I seem to recall downloading the tracks as individual mp3 files and not as a single wad file with the music inside, although there may have been a download of this type and I just didn't see it.

my 0.02 €

Lobo said:

The Doom PSX level music is in fact a type of midi format, which means you can't "rip" it from the psx cd. You can get at the individual samples/instruments but not the structure of the music.

The mp3 music that was available at the Doom Depot was of a very high quality, although I seem to recall downloading the tracks as individual mp3 files and not as a single wad file with the music inside, although there may have been a download of this type and I just didn't see it.

my 0.02 €

I dont understand your last word, "my 0.02€" ?

Quakerultra CRIMSON said:

I dont understand your last word, "my 0.02€" ?

It pretty much means "my two cents", or, in simpler terms "my opinion / advice", depending on the situation. Oh and The Merovingian didn't really register in 1975, that's just his birthdate. He is a former admin, and admins can change registration dates, therefore, he changed his registration date to his Date of Birth.

Apparently:

"Put my two cents in" originates from the older "put my two bits in" and has its origin in the game of poker. When playing poker you have to make a small bet before the cards are dealt called an "ante" to begin play in that hand.

And its also a term not really used outside america, so even if you do adapt it to "my zero point zero two euros", or "my two pence" most people (except those that have seen that certian episode of the simpsons) will be like "uh?" XD