Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Good level makers need inquire.

Hello,

Ever wanted to play Dark Forces in Deathmatch?
Well, if you are I need a good level editor to 'mimic'
the original Dark forces levels, But... Also have
modified levels for deathmatch use.

I am a long time Doomer and editor and have re-created
the Dark Forces physics and weapon handling for Zdoom
Just about everything from Dark Forces is in there and there
are no Bugs due to my testing.

So... If you like Dark Forces, Like making levels and want
to play DF in deathmatch as well give us a Buzz!

fp, props to trolls, argument about new projects and screenshots and all that jazz.

Welcome to the forums. =)

KRoNoS, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

KRoNoS, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Bastard, I was about to do that. :P

As stated above...it seems as if we got over five hundred thousand projects in the works...give us some visuals man!

Cadman - Mmeber TeamTNT

How exactly have you got the physics in there? Has it got it's own executable or something?

Anyway, avaliable mappers are thin on the ground here, but good luck to you.

Alright a little feedback, Ok.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm pretty new to this forum stuff not to the doomer scene though. I'll see what I can do and get some screenshots going, and possibly a taste of whats been done.

Alright I've got the screenies ready to go, but how do I add these things as a link?

Okay, what if I sent the screenies to somebody's e-mail and they could post 'em?

ToxicFluff... The elements of Dark Forces are physics, Movement speeds, Jumping weapon handling and enemies yes? Well this is what I mean.

Grazza said:

[url]*INSERT URL OF YOUR PAGE HERE*[/url]

Actually, the forum software will toss in the tags itself if you put in a website-looking thing.

True, but it gets it wrong sometimes (e.g., if there's punctuation around it) and some people might have deselected the "automatically parse urls" thingy.

Anyway KRoNoS, if you don't have a website, then your best chance is if some nice person offers to host them for you.

I could host a few screenies, but I don't have the time to make a complex website, and I use Geocities, so half the time the page isn't available anyway, and at anytime, I may have to take them off, but other than that, yeah. samuel.horwitz@verizon.net

EDIT: Oh yeah, I would only have the screenies in a list, and it wouldn't look to nice.

insertwackynamehere said:

I could host a few screenies, but I don't have the time to make a complex website, and I use Geocities, so half the time the page isn't available anyway

Just create an html page with all the screenies on it, and it'll load up fine.

Alright, I'll try again, sorry about that 'insertwhackynamehere' ...

Hmmm... it's been a bit of a while, been gone for a couple of days so HELLO to all. Editing stuff at work is a bit of a bitch so I'll continue on weekends.

- Doom, Quality Deathmatch since 1995.

Alright 'insertwhackynamehere' I've tried sending them... uncompressed this time let us know when you've got 'em and whether they work fine.

- Doom, Quality Deathmatch since 1995.