Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been a Doomer since Doom came out in, I think in '93. I've created dozens and dozens of wads, but sadly over the years have lost many of them. I do have 4 Doom 2 single player wads that are quite incredible. I'd like to compile these wads into one single mission creating 4 maps in one wad. Is there a tool I can use to make that happen?

Afterwards, I'd like to make it available to you guys to play.

fp!

...and da props to da peoples!

Now, to read what this thread is actually about....

Personally I use NWT to merge wads into one. If that is merely what you are looking for, NWT can do it for you. Just start it up in a DOS window and write:

nwt.exe -join C:\doom\level1.wad C:\doom\level2.wad

..and the level2.wad will be copied into level1.wad, and you'll have a level1.wad with two levels in it. Continue like this:

nwt.exe -join C:\doom\level1.wad C:\doom\level3.wad

..and so on. Remember that, before this can actually function, the levels will have to be on seperate maps, like map01, map02 etc.

NWT can be found here on DW http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/utils/editors.php

Zombie Keeper said:

So I've been a Doomer since Doom came out in, I think in '93. I've created dozens and dozens of wads, but sadly over the years have lost many of them. I do have 4 Doom 2 single player wads that are quite incredible. I'd like to compile these wads into one single mission creating 4 maps in one wad. Is there a tool I can use to make that happen?

Afterwards, I'd like to make it available to you guys to play.

Hello Zombie Keeper, I'm The Ultimate DooMer, one of the /newstuff chroniclers on these forums. If you have a wad you want to release, the best place to send it is the DooM archive. The Doomworld FAQ will tell you how to do this, and may also answer any other questions you may have about newstuff. The wad will then be reviewed on Sunday by myself or one of the other reviewers. If you have any questions, my contact details are on the bar at the bottom of this post.

Yep, there are many tools - the most popular ones are Wintex, DeePsea and XWE.

Thanks UD. I just may re-release these for review. I've always wondered what others would think of them.

On that note, I did notice, using zdoom, and having the jump function turned on, that some of the routes you take to complete puzzles change. So in some cases, you can get to things you couldn't get to before the jump function was enabled.

Yeah, it happens. If you dont want people doing that, you can mention it in the textfile.