Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's the (sucky) name of my newest creation. It's a small map inspired by Doom 2's MAP01. Heh, it's actually only the second level of mine that I've ever publicly, released (not counting Freedoom), and the first one that I can say that I'm proud of. I've just uploaded it to the archives, but if you want to try it out now, download it from http://www.geocities.com/great_wise_yoda/m1style.zip. Sure, it's a little short, but it's a replacement for MAP01, after all. I'm sort of toying with the idea of making a series starting with this map, but I haven't decided yet if I want to commit to something like that. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it.

EDIT: Damn, just caught a bug. The exit door can be opened without hitting the switch behind the blue key door. Great, well, anyways, I've fixed it and re-uploaded it, so it's okay now.

Well I took a look. It's pretty good. I did see however some texture errors. Mainly on stairs at the begging. But other than that is cool.
Oh and I did see that there is a VPE in there as well. Good work though.. Keep it coming!!

VPE?
And if it is what I am think it is, freedoom is/was for boom, so. :)

Torn said:

VPE?
And if it is what I am think it is, freedoom is/was for boom, so. :)

Visual Plains Error

and I was talking about this map only...Never played freedoom

Dang, thanks. Sorry about the VPE thing, I'm running XP and I don't even have the DOS .EXE anyways, so I can't really test my work with Vanilla Doom. As for the Freedoom thing, I don't know. I mean, I really hadn't planned for it to be for Freedoom, and anyways, Torn is assigned to MAP01, and if he's done a lot of work, I really don't want his work to go to waste.

Well hey.. It don't really mean that much anyway.. Most (NOT ALL) highly deatiled and good looking maps now a days has atleast 1 VPE in it somewhere. Hell just about all my maps do. It's just that the detail in the map has busted the limit in vanilla doom. Nothing to really worry about.

you should just email fraggle about it and he can discuss it with Torn, because really, if fraggle has to decide between a level that's already completed and a level that is being developed indefinitely, i'm pretty sure which one he will choose.