Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a wad with sprites of that game, converted to DOOM pal?

I could have sworn that there was one, but it sucked. It only replaced two textures, and they were of poor quality; as if they were taken from screenshots. I would recommend that you use XWE to rip them from the ROTT data wad. I think it's huntbgin.wad for shareware and darkwar.wad for the registered.

I'm not sure about the shareware wad, because I havent had it for years. I'm just going by the .rtl name.

Don't even ask me for the wads. That's warez.

AH Someone else who plays ROTT!!.. I would like to do some Doom stuff with it too..But I can't find anything...

ROTT was kinda neat, but it could have used some actual features intead of just like guns with infinite ammo and rooms without varying ceiling height and stuff. Lame.

It was more like an attempt at crossing doom with sonic (or any other platformer of the time, maybe Vectorman..) or something wierd like that, and ended up being not as fun as either

ROTT owns.

And there was a wad/deh that replaced some of the enemies with ROTT enemies. I'll find it for you.

Trasher][ said:
ROTT owns.

And there was a wad/deh that replaced some of the enemies with ROTT enemies. I'll find it for you.

Cool!

I never liked Rott, but I'm sure that some good stuff can be made with its sprites.

ravage said:

You do have to admit, it was fun in its own way.

Yeah, I've always wanted to play ROTT DM.

Me and my mate played that a little on his LAN in his house, the level "The vomitorium" was fun XD

I played the demo of ROTT once, it sucked pretty bad IMO.

The full version is better than the demo, IMO. I loved ROTT DM too. :p
So much fun! Capture the Triad was good too.

I never played ROTT DM, I only SP'ed the comm-bat stuff. Even then it was fun.

(Eluder was cool)

I liked playing kill the triad mode. I bet that'd be fun in multiplayer. Although I might've found a bug. If you killed the triad with a bullet weapon (machine gun) TWO came back, which means if you set something heavy on the CTRL key in the level "four square" you'd eventually lag out the game with triads. O_o

I believe the CD version of the full ROTT has every single sprite. Not converted to DOOM though...

There's a bonus folder in the CD with the sprites as BMPs

I thought ROTT was awesome.

Nanami said:

Yeah, I've always wanted to play ROTT DM.

I did that a lot when I had it, it was really fun. :D

Nestea said:

I believe the CD version of the full ROTT has every single sprite. Not converted to DOOM though...

There's a bonus folder in the CD with the sprites as BMPs

That's probably true, but you could extract anything you need from the data wads with XWE.

Just rip the sprites from the WAD with XWE. If you need the wad to start off with, you can get the shareware game "The HUNT Begins" at the 3D Realms site.

Hirogen2 said:

I had made a ROTT PC/TC once, still unfinished, but it has the textures and sprites.

you should release this.

Getting rott sprites is easy.

Step 1) Open DARKWAR.wad in XWE
Step 2) Look for sprites
Step 3) Save sprites to hard drive
Step 4) Enjoy your ROTT sprites!

(I once considered making a ROTT TC for ZDoom.. heh)

Damn, it's not as easy as that. Well, of course, extracting the sprites is, but okay, I just did a little test and replaced the walking frames for the zombie with the walking frames of a random ROTT soldier, and as it turns out, the sprites need some serious rescaling before they're usable in Doom. What a pity... I was considering actually doing a sprite conversion, but now I see that it's going to take a little more work than I thought, and the thought of rescaling all those sprite... (shudders) Oh well, it wasn't a total loss. I now have a copy of the shareware version of ROTT, which I haven't played in ages. On the other hand, I just did a quick conversion of the MP40 from ROTT to the Doom Chaingun, and it's really quite fun. Maybe I'll make a ROTT weapons replacement... I still can't think of what to do with the super shotgun and the plasma gun, though.

Hirogen2 said:

I had made a ROTT PC/TC once, still unfinished, but it has the textures and sprites.

I remember that. I've still got a file called rott-a1.zip sitting around on my hard disk.

heh um, xwe can extract ROTT sprites. and then all you have to do is convert them to doom palette. it's pretty easy really.

Or just import the images using XWE and it'll convert the palette automatically. The only problem is that the guys are about twice the size of the average Doom monster. I'm up to two weapons with my ROTT weapons mod, though. Now I've got the pistol as well as the machine gun.

sargebaldy said:

yeah, i meant ripping the sprites itself is easy. converting the rott monsters to doom monsters may not be.

Oh pshaw. The rocket fireing actors can use the cybie codepointers, and there is a fair share of hitscan enemies... Fireballs ala other codepointers; shouldn't be impossible.