Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

[Netherworld] What would you like to see?

What do you think for now about Netherworld?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think for now about Netherworld?

• Amazing project :) It has a lot of potential!
    • Well, I\'m not interested in this idea. :
    • |This idea sucks, the project stinks! >:O

5 months passed since I continued work on my TC "Netherworld : A Cursed Legacy". For all those, who don't know what I'm talking about, read the following stuff, for any other, continue to [MAIN THING]

Story
It was over. Smoke arose out of a deep crater where D'Sparil stood moments before. Corvin approached slowly while he was consistently hit by small sparks emerging from the dead bones of the serpent raider. The elf wanted to assure that D'Sparils reign of terror is over, that there is no more fighting because Corvin was at the end of his tether.

For over half an hour he stood in front of the krater and was looking at the remains of his arch-enemy. He was waiting until the last magic glow in D'Sparils charred eye-sockets extinguished. Then Corvin sat up, took his staff and left the fortress.

Outside the dome, overwhelmed Undead Warriors and Weredragons were still blazing which challenged you hours ago. A pleasent aspect for Corvin until a certain anxiety occured: The sky was pitch-black, darker then ever before. Bright columns of light travelled fast between the sky and the ground far away. Corvin knew that it wasn't a spectacle of natural origin. But on hisself he wasn't able to give account for this play, only a sage has enough wisdom to do so and the only one left was Moruil from Sramoren. Corvin's quest wasn't over yet...

Featured Enemies, Weapons and Items
Mostly Heretic and Hexen enemies, weapons and items but also completely new stuff:

Fallen Fire Defender

Soul Harvester

Undead Slaughterer

Screenshots

Features
- 10+ Maps full of medieval stuff
- 12+ Weapons
- Inventory with items
- New textures, graphics and extended scripting
- More at http://www.tormentor667.de -> Maps&Mods -> Netherworld

Status
- 18% (2 maps finished, 50% of sprites finished, 100% textures ready, scripting, story and dehacked under developement

[MAIN THING]
As far as you have checked http://tormentor667.covers.de/Tormentor667/index.php?action=doom_wads_unholy_index and read the above stuff, you should have an idea about what I'm going to do. Well, now, I want feedback. What would you like to see in the tc? What are your wishes? What do you not want to have? Gimme your brain :)

Little Faith said:

Yeah, you used altered Heretic monsters in your Doom wads, why not do the reverse.

Exactly, a freakin new idea to bring the Heretic & Hexen atmosphere back to Doom in ZDoom 2.0 quality :P

sargebaldy said:

nice shots! keep at it, i say.

Yes! But quit posting 'news' at zdoom.org! :P

Shaviro said:

Yes! But quit posting 'news' at zdoom.org! :P

This was made by mistake. I wanted to post this in the General forum ;)

@The Flange Peddler - Because there are more user which have a doom main wad then a heretic or hexen. BTW, I will use more Doom items as hexen/heretic items so it is edit-friendlier

those shots make me think of blood. which is great.

Heh, FYI Tormentor, the guy you play as in Heretic isn't named Corvin, his name is Corvus :)

Grimm said:

It looks kick ass. Just do what you ususally do, it'll come out fine. :)

Fine :) I have one new screenshot for you guys:

Map03 - "Blessed Blood"
You can see parts of the old destroyed cathedral and lots of lava :)

[simplifly]I like it.[/simplify]
[edit]

Yeah, you used altered Heretic monsters in your Doom wads, why not do the reverse.

Actually he is. The Soul Harvester is a modified Pain Elemental(with the lost souls being cursed souls), and, if I'm right, the other undead warrior types(like the undead slaughterers and knights) are actually barons of hell/hell knights. I could be wrong though...[/edit]
[edit2]Dammit, I keep misspelling everything.[/edit2]