Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

What is your favorite episode1 level.

Which is your favorite episode1 level?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite episode1 level?

• E1M1
    • E1M2
    • E1M3
    • E1M4
    • E1M5
    • E1M6
    • E1M7
    • E1M8
    • E1M9

Fredrik said:

I could only answer if this was a multi-choice poll. Wrong forum, by the way.

Oh well, it is not like I can post threads with polls in other forums. :P

I believe Lüt recently enabled polls in wads and mods. I'll move it there (an iwad is a wad after all).

I'd say E1M3 or E1M5 - I just find them a bit more memorable than the others.

Yeah, once posted, a poll will work in any other forum too.

On topic, it's a battle between E1M3, E1M4 and E1M6. And I can't decide. Damnit.

Nanami said:

What about General?

Yes, that was the alternative option. If I made a booboo, it's one that's easily put right.

Fredrik said:

Yeah, once posted, a poll will work in any other forum too.

And I believe moderators can create polls in any open forum. Well, I created one in Blogs, anyway.

I say e1m9, cause the idea of being in a millitary base was really cool, even though the architechture didn't resemble anything in particular.

The Crypts

Oh wait, you meant Doom. In that case, it's a tossup between E1M7 and E1M8.

Ichor said:

The Crypts

no way, it's gotta be the cathedral!!

(unless the crypts is that one with the red and blue moving platforms in which case it's coolest. Haven't played heretic in years, I hardly remember)

that's the one!

cool, thanks Ichor, you just put me in the mood to play Heretic Shareware all over again!

Yay Heretic!
I'd say my overall favorite out of all the E1 levels has to be Computer Station, because of its mysterious atmosphere and the fact that it's the biggest and longest E1 level. If you're talking about nostalgia, it's a tossup between E1M2 and E1M3, and E1M1.
Speaking of Heretic, I'd my favorite E1 level would have to be E1M5, The Citadel. The level design is awesome.

The citadel, another classic! You know come to think of it, I find heretic's levels much more memorable than doom's. who know's maybe I just like goth (shudder):P

Definitely E1M7. This level has something special that I cannot really put into words. And it has the best music track in the game!

E1M_

Sorry, all of the Episode One levels suck. There must be a thing with stuff preceded by "Episode One" to suck.

Yes, I am referring to the Star Wars prequels.

Job said:

E1M_

Sorry, all of the Episode One levels suck. There must be a thing with stuff preceded by "Episode One" to suck.

Yes, I am referring to the Star Wars prequels.

You never played shareware Doom before the registered version was released, right?

ravage said:

You never played shareware Doom before the registered version was released, right?

Actually, I did. I was one of the many who got into the Doom rush. Now if you keep it restricted to Episode One, then I'd have to say E1M4. I loved the little computer catacombs in it. It was classic architecture too. I think of that level when I think of Doom, actually. However, my love is always for E2.

They all stink compared to some add-on level packs, IMHO, but in their own right, I say E1M3 is cool.

Draconio said:

They all stink compared to some add-on level packs, IMHO, but in their own right, I say E1M3 is cool.

That may be true [to some], but we're only talking about E1. :)

i've been giving this a lot of thought, and i'm starting to think tom hall's E1M4 is the best in the ep. if you look at it on the map it's certainly the most intricate and eye-pleasing. E1M2 and E1M7 are close runners up though, and i love all the maps except E1M9, which is good but not really all that spectacular.

Draconio said:

>90% of all add-on levels stink even more!