Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wad`a`Holic

Internal V1.0 Info

Hello to all.
I am making a wad were you all start in random spots on the map and you must take over the base in the center. The player that does gets warned if others are trying to sneak into the base.

The map is going to be MASSIVE and it will have over 4 ways of getting into the base.
Locations include Ohama Beach, A big outdoor cayon and I am not saying the last 2 ways into the base.

I will post more information as I make the wad but till then, get ready for a big one...

wadaholic, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

When I get to my comp I will get some sceenies.

So far I have done the Beach entrance. Now I have to do the canyon, the other 2 ways in. After all of that I have to then go and get some new graphics.

I will have heaps of screenshots of what I have done with the level. I just have to get them.

I don't think you'll get far recreating omaha beach too well on the Doom engine or it's source ports (maybe Zdoom, but that's it I think). Using the Quake3 or Half-Life engine may get you better results.

Any port that has slopes would probably do nicely: ZDoom, Vavoom, anything else?

I think Vavoom is the only one with both real 3D floors (like EDGE and Legacy) and slopes. I don't know what the Omaha beach is like, but if there's a boardwalk you want to be able to go underneath, Vavoom should be best suited to it.

But if your main goal is multiplayer, ZDoom might be the way to go, if ZDaemon has the slopes. Or is ZDaemon based on too old a codebase without all the updates?

The port I am using is Doom Legacy. It would do the trick. When this wad is finished it will work on any port. But that is the engine I am using.

I havent any screenies but I will have some up tommorow.

I am also going to add features to this wad never seen in the orignal doom. By using the Doom Legacy and ZDoom sorce code I am going to add features to Internal such as vechials, gun turrets, Cameras to view out parts of the base from the command room. This wad will be awsome when it is finished.

I will have some up tommorow. That is for sure. I am currently reading a toutorial on Doom Legacy scripting. So far I have programmed the secuity cameras with the new knolage I have learnt but I havent tested them yet. :(. But I WILL have some screenies up as soon as I can.

I have thought of the other two areas that you can sneak though. 1 of them is a city. The other one will be a surprize. And I will have some screen shots up in a few hours.

Also with the scripting I have so far made mines (blow the player up when he steps on them) and cameras that you can look though when you push a switch.

I havent done the cars that you can drive yet. I am going to email the person that did this toutorial on Fraggle Script and ask him how to do it.

fraggle, before you start using the newproject tag, make sure they are actually asking for help, and don't already have something to show (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen this tag used thousands of times in completely inappropriate places.