Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

A couple of speed & pacifist demos for Real world (rw.wad)

Well, a couple of demos for RW.wad (real world by Alexis Neuhaus)
The pacifist pack also have the smoothest run I ever have made (rw map18 pacifist)

Well, I know I am lazy, but I will just post the text files:

Speed demos:

rw01-006: Just a general speed demo, can go alot faster (4-5secs).
rw04-027: Not that fast, but I like the lift trick I use for save a few secs. :) I guess a fast runner would be able to get the blue key and get the lift before it goes up.
rw13-043: Need to push this one under at least 40secs or faster.
rw19-049: Weird map, but fun. I am sure I could beat this one to 40secs. Just shitty I had to kill almost every imp on earth before taking the lift.
rw20-008: not beating opulent's speed run, but this demo is fun tho. :P I am not good to strafe50 jumps, so I tried to see if I could make a rl demo instead, this is the result. The exit slide is weird tho, because I hit a spider, but still slide toward the exit.

Pacifist demos:

rw02p009: Not that bad, I guess. A little more fast would be good tho.
rw03p012: Dunno what to say about this demo.
rw05p016: The worst spot in this map is the room before the switch to raise the bridge, I died alot here.
Rw08p014: Okay demo.
Rw12p014: Okay, if I didn't hit the pillar in the end. :(
Thanks to (stx-)vile for showing me there is a ledge there. :P
rw16p015: Not much to say. Okay run.
Rw18p024: Quite fast, imo. The smoothest run I ever have made, and great map too!

My speed demos for RW.wad:
http://www.torn-net.dk//RW_Torn.zip

My pacifist demos for RW.wad:
http://www.torn-net.dk//RWTorn_P.zip

Oh yes, I should send these demos to SDA soon.

Grazza said:

Cool, but both links point to the same file.

Fixed. :)

Grazza said:

And amended, so that the link actually works. :)

It should work. :P The _P in the end of the name were wrong, it were _p instead stupid host.

What I meant was that I had amended it again, after your fix - you'd left a stray underline character in the file name (it said RW_Torn_P.zip, but I worked out what you meant by a bit of trial and error).

Anyway, I've watched them now - excellent stuff. Are you planning a full pack (and any maxes), or just choosing ones that appeal?

Grazza said:

Anyway, I've watched them now - excellent stuff. Are you planning a full pack (and any maxes), or just choosing ones that appeal?

Dunno really. I am not that good to speed demos, and the pacifist demos I have, is the only maps I felt were good for pacifist.
But I have been thinking of trying some nightmare. :)

And for maxes, maybe. But I am alot better to plain running.

Torn said:

Dunno really. I am not that good to speed demos, and the pacifist demos I have, is the only maps I felt were good for pacifist.
But I have been thinking of trying some nightmare. :)

And for maxes, maybe. But I am alot better to plain running.

I disagree. I just watched all of your demos and think you are very good. I've done max demos on all of the rw.wad maps (great miniwad) but I doubt my times would hold up if your able to maintain that speed. Very nice!

Btw... You may have noticed your rw03p012 does not have a .lmp suffix. I added it and it plays fine.

Rich said:

I disagree. I just watched all of your demos and think you are very good. I've done max demos on all of the rw.wad maps (great miniwad) but I doubt my times would hold up if your able to maintain that speed. Very nice!

Thanks very much. :) I dunno if I am gonna make some max demos for this wad. I have never been that good to maxers. :/

[B]
Btw... You may have noticed your rw03p012 does not have a .lmp suffix. I added it and it plays fine.

Yeah, I will upload a new zip later.

I have been trying some max runes lately for rw. I started with RW map20. Just a half hour I got a 7:52 maxer (I thought), but it only had 66% secrets. :(
And I think I know where I missed them.

Here is the demo torn-net.dk/rw20m752.zip]RW20M752.

I will do rw map20 again soon. That demo also have a tons of problems & errors. :/

Well, I will move on to the next rw maps, I am planning a max pack for it.

Opulent said:

link doesn't work for me :(

Damn :/

Well, it works for me.

Torn said:

I have been trying some max runes lately for rw. I started with RW map20. Just a half hour I got a 7:52 maxer (I thought), but it only had 66% secrets. :(
And I think I know where I missed them.

Well, I will move on to the next rw maps, I am planning a max pack for it.

Torn,

Very nice run on map 20!

I think you can easily beat my max time. If you would like any assistance on secrets or routes for the other maps your welcome to look at my demoset out on the DSDA. Good luck :).

Rich said:

Torn,

Very nice run on map 20!

I think you can easily beat my max time. If you would like any assistance on secrets or routes for the other maps your welcome to look at my demoset out on the DSDA. Good luck :).

Already have it. :)
Will watch your demos closely for secrets. I still dunno what I left behind in map20. Maybe I am gonna cheat with a level editor.

Okay, now it is going good for the rw map20 max run. :)
100 kills & 100 secrets: 7:34.
I will probaly try again. But I will leave it for now.

edit: Did map05 too, 100% etc... 1:45.