Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JehovahGyra

Doomics

Thank God. A comics project with actual TALENT. I can't tell you how many I've read that are filled with MSPaint drawings and quotes of "You're stupid! And now you're gonna be stupid and DEAD!", or some such crap. Good work. Keep 'em coming.

One tip: get a good HTML editor. Writing raw HTML is like sticking an extremely boring yet red-hot poker in your eye. Why go to all that avoidable pain?

DC

That's encouraging. But I don't have much experience with pages and whatnot. I just used that crappy tool that they provided. Usually I'm pretty against weak user-friendly stuff, but... meh.

Well, you don't HAVE to, but I'd have to be a suicidal COCKmonger to be stupid enough to post something like THAT.

DC

...that are filled with MSPaint drawings and quotes of "You're stupid! And now you're gonna be stupid and DEAD!", or some such crap.

Maybe it hasn't occured to you that maybe not EVERYBODY has an up-to-date version of Photoshop! Even then, not everybody's an artist! Since when did you have to live up to master criteria to be a Doomaholic?

So quality isn't an issue? Pardon me for being asthetically discriminating when it comes to art, but I'd rather have one well drawn, colored, etc, picture, than a hundred leet-speak dribbled pics with all the artistic quality of a dirty diaper.

That's not saying that there's no accounting for a good try. If someone is just learning whatever software they're using, then they're bound to suck for a little while. Besides, you don't NEED a good copy of Photoshop to do this stuff. It just makes it easier. If someone can use MSPaint and get the same result that I get from Photoshop, then I would congratulate them, and probably ask for tips.

However, it seems that the vast majority of art that I've seen lately (not just at Doomworld, mind you) sucks worse than a Vietnamese whore at a G.I. reunion.

DC

Whatever dude......people like you make me wanna kill everyone.

Come on, it's DOOM, not the Renaissance. I don't expect people to make prize winning works, just something to get us to laugh.

BTW, "aesthectically discriminating" doesn't even begin to describe your thick-headedness.

I never asked for a freaking "Sunflowers". I realize beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can't expect people to turn out jaw-dropping works every day. However, I don't like wasting my time on a site that touts having good art, comics, levels, whatever, and then turns out to be over-populated with toxic levels of shit. My opinion is if you aren't good at something, don't do it. If you're learning, or getting better, that's another thing, but if you're doing stuff, and you never get any better, that should be a clue to get out of the water.

You strike me as the kind of person that leaps on the first thing that comes around, instead of waiting and seeing if something better will hit before you join the fray. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just not the way I operate, and for you to say I'm wrong is ignorant.

DC

BTW, "aesthectically discriminating" doesn't even begin to describe your thick-headedness.

How about "having standards"?

HEH. Nice, very nice. I look forward to seeing more.

I agree with having standards and demanding something coherently nice-looking. These are the ones that are pleasing to look at, because making a comic actually involves a degree of artistic ability.

Dreamweaver is the best but I can't afford it.

Hey! HTML is easy, EASY! Learn tables, put your navigation bars and titles and content in them, and all else will follow.

And on the twelfth day, God created warez sites. And He told the man, "Thou shalt not post about these sites on the forum, lest you be smitten interminably by sausages." But the man heeded Him not who was the Lord, and in those days the man's post count was deleted.

And God said, "Ahhh, the helleth with it."

DC