Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vile

Heretic Episode 1, Skill 5

From the text:

"A pretty easy episode overall; I only used 1 ring this time, and none on the final map even tho there are 3 available. It makes it more exciting I think. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this one, so I'll move on to episode 2 when I get the chance.

BTW, I said I'd stick with 2.0.50 to keep the movies together, but I changed my mind. I plan to try and redo episode 3 after episode 2 is done. I like having the working map screen in there too. :)"

Should new versions of zdoom come out tommorow and 52.cab disappear from the file page, I'll paste a link to it.

hep1sk5.zip

for years now, I've thought that we could just package the source port WITH the most important demos. that way it makes it easier for non DOOMers to play it.
and the size is not really an issue because it is still much smaller than most FPS demos for other games.
Vile, I hope you are getting route tips from the Heretic-N.... :)

Nope. Probably should have done so sooner, I see better routes on e1m2 and e1m4.

Shit, you got me thinking about redoing this ep already. :)

Alright I am gonna improve this one, so enjoy this one in the meantime. Might as well prevent me from going back later on.

Okay, I've finished a new run and attached it to this post... it's named the same, but consider it an updated version of the run. From the text:

"Thanks to Opulent, I realized Heretic-N speedruns for the individual levels had some better routes, mostly utilizing some easy-to-reach tomes, which brought the time down by over a minute from the previous run. I'm definitely ready to move on now. :)"

Also thanks to the Heretic-N, I'll learn from it in future movies.

hep1sk5.zip