Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grazza

Demo Recording Recommendations

Since Nanami's demo site appears to have vanished, I have uploaded the seven Demo Recording Recommendations that I wrote for it to my own webpage. I've removed the images to save space, but all the substance is there.

I'm also attaching DooMer 4ever's UV speedrun on Mines of Titan, which I found very impressive (and his textfile should be helpful for anyone wishing to push the time down further). AFAIK, this demo isn't currently available for download anywhere else. Recorded with Legacy; you can get the wad here or here.

mines330.zip

Just testing what happens if there are two attachments in the same thread...

This is a UV Max on motion.wad, which sargebaldy considers one of the worst maps ever, and that you need to cheat in order to reach the exit. Judge for yourself. ;)

moti1628.zip

Yeah, there's certainly worse wads; it's just old-style sloppy. Plus, it's very old. The guy was asking for an LMP completing it on UV in the TXT. It came almost 10 years later but, heh, here it is.

hah, i'll have to check this out. i think there was more to it than sloppy, he actually added the titlepic in as a texture solely for the purpose of making that caco-pillar ;)

i'm not sure if you've played this or not, but i'd like to see a run done on motion2.wad as well :) yes, i did make it :P

EDIT: ugh, that was the biggest wasted 16 minutes of my life :P why did you hang around the red keydoor so damn long? i would have thought you could have left it a long time before you did :P

sargebaldy said:

why did you hang around the red keydoor so damn long? i would have thought you could have left it a long time before you did :P

I don't understand the question. There are (to say the least) plenty of times where I do lose time in that demo, but jamming myself in the red key doorway was, I thought, a pretty good idea, as it enabled me to rocket one baron without taking damage or losing much time. If you mean the big arena with all the pillars, I couldn't leave until all the monsters were dead (this was a Max run).

I played motion2 (mostly out of morbid curiosity), but don't feel inclined to record anything on it.

oh, that was it (the second). watching you run around that terrible courtyard for so long probably game me brain damage :P

I recommend you attempt UV Maxes of Chris Hansen's Flay the Obscene series, that's something I'd like to see :)

Note that the title of this thread relates to the name of the articles I wrote (see the first post in this thread), rather than it being an invitation to make suggestions for future demos. We should probably have a thread devoted to that though...