Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

New Project: Erebus Revisited

OK, first off, by new, I mean in the pipeline for 6 months. This is my biggest map yet, and I've put a hell of a lot of work into it.

Screenies here:
http://zarcyb.mancubus.net/erebuspics

The level's coming along quite nicely, but I'd really like some opinions. I know the colour scheme might not suit some people and I agree it does look a little ugly in some place. I'd like to adjust the palette/colormap so that it looks a little better although I'm not sure where to start. Any ideas?

Also, the texturing needs a lot of work and I'm really not that good a texture artist. Does anyone know where I could find some textures that could fit this kind of map? Thanks.

Comments and criticisms will be most welcome. The map won't be finished for a long time so a lot of the map will be different in the final release.

<Drill Instructor Sgt. Hartman> WORK ON IT!

Finish it, a nice big map keeping me busy for the weekend ^_^
need something oldstyle revised heh

Oh yeah, the screenies look absolutely great and impressive :) This seems to be one of the largest doom maps ever (if you look at roomsizes and stuff) I'm looking forward to the release of this monster :) Very good job indeed!

Hey, Zarcyb, the map looks enormous. Hope you'll get it detailed enough, and that It won't occur to be a skirmish, super extra kill-them-all map... anyway keep it up.

New screenie here. A more detailed version of one of the bridges.

Sorry about the size.

Igor9 said:

Wow, but do you really think you need so many Cyberdemons?

Heh, I put them there when I first started the map. They're dormant, and will probably be removed when the map's finished. We'll see.

Ultraviolet;

No goatse. From you not even a hint of goatse in the future. And abuse that tag once more anywhere and I will kill you many times. If you want to mong up threads, do it in Blogs, or I can have it arranged for you to do it in another place (Losers) permanently.

And the rest of you can quit fucking around with the tag as well, no matter how many times you haven't done so before :P

Now I'm gonna clean this thread.

zarcyb said:

Very nice. Simple stuff really, yet it makes all the difference.

lucky I missed the goatse fun here, or you'd all be banned, pritch is much nicer than I :P

anyways, to zarcyb:

what's there so far looks pretty cool, but a lot of it is pretty square, I know it's sort of hard to not follow doom's grid, but at least rounding corners and making pillars rounded adds something to a map.

also if you're gonna use zdoom you need MOOOORE SLOPES :P go nuts with them, they're really excellent for small details and stuff like a transition between a wall and ceiling beam etc etc. they are kinda hard to mess with at first, but once you get the hang of them they're quite a welcome addition to any editor's bag of tricks :)

other than that though it looked quite nice, keep it up dude

edit: oh yeah and don't be affraid to movce off the grid with zdoom either, since it has some great flat rotation and panning (and scaling) acs functions

Wrt to Cyb's comment about "bag of tricks", I don't suppose there is anywhere where these said "bag of tricks" are available as prefabs, is there?

zarcyb said:

Sorry about the size.

OMG Very nice! I hated Mt. Erebus, though this'll probably be 5 times better.

That bridge vaguely reminds me of a scene from d2. Very good.

That full monty bit was supposed to be a compliment. :)