Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Judge

SniperDooM Pre-release coming soon...

Sounds cool, but are you saying that this is a standalone product? If so, I'm not quite sure how much continued play it'll get. However, if you made it a mod or add on for zdaemon, I think this would get a lot of attention. Just a thought...

Yea, thats right its a stand-alone product. The product is really looking for mush support, just an alternative system of play. It has been through thorough testing in its current state and we are confident that it has good playability. Raider is providing a master server for us, so what difference does it make if it is a stand-alone or an add-on?

Also, as its a stand-alone port, we can build in additional features, and release updates, etc. We also got an exclusive tournament mode coming soon, which is not in other ports. Our port fills a niche which a mod cannot achieve. ITs kinda hard goin on some1's word about a port, especially from the creator. Review the pre-release, then make up your mind about whether this is good or crap...

PS - More players the better, its strictly a multiplayer port...

Peace, Judge.

I don't think you really know the meaning of "Stand-alone", and if you do I imagine you're doing something strictly illegal. If it were truely stand-alone you wouldn't need Doom too play it, which means you'd need to replace all the visual resources in order to release it as "stand-alone". Just wanted to make sure you know, because you can get in major trouble for infringment on copyrights.

I love that gun and all, Scuba Steve, but that hand and arm is waaaay to small, especially compared to your other guns. You should probably redraw it.

I also noticed that the rifle itself almost seems to be on a smaller scale than the rest of your guns. Anyway, if you ever redraw it, I'd appreciate it if you made a version without the scope, as it's a pretty good machine gun by itself.

I don't consider "sniping your opponent" concept fun. It reminds me of a foul Delta Force deathmatch experience I had. Crawling in the dirt for 5 minutes just to be picked off by a vile sniper from unknown position is not fun.

Grimm said:

I also noticed that the rifle itself almost seems to be on a smaller scale than the rest of your guns. Anyway, if you ever redraw it, I'd appreciate it if you made a version without the scope, as it's a pretty good machine gun by itself.

Um, it's based a PSG-1 sniper rifle, it doesn't look like a machinegun...

Assmaster said:

So, it's November 9th. Where is it?

They're not going to come out in the open and release it. They'll hide 100yrds off and release it from the shadows... with deadly accuracy and when you least expect it.

I'd like to play this game. Makes me miss my old sniper clan in UT just thinking about it. Are there any other decent sniper mods for Doom or Doom 2? Quake?

Tactical ops for UT is prettty good. Delta force inspired me to make my doom mod, thats a pretty good game and is massively multiplayer. For all you snipe thirsty fiends I'm gonna post a link to a special version of sniperdoom today. It will not have a master launcher at the moment, nor will it have map04 as doom_dude is re-working it.

Cya, judge.

Judge said:

I do actually have a build for release. To all those people who want to get hold of this masterpiece, you will have to be patient. Im in talks with doom_dude at the moment to produce a map. That may take a while. Also im talking with raider to try and get this master server sorted out. If all goes smoothly release should be soon. Ill keep u posted.

Judge Death.

Hey I'm almost done the map and it should be done before Friday... maybe earlier if I can swing it. I didn't need to use any custom flats by the way. ;)

Minor technical difficulties, the version will be out soon, i have a build on my hard-drive im working on a quick put-together site. Should be done by today or tomorro at the latest, thanx a lot doom_dude. Blackfish, wots ur mod called? The sniper rifle in my mod has a good reload pace, but not too fast. The scope zooms in quite good too.

Can any1 suggest better weapons for the future, at the moment i only got one. I was thinking of a blow pipe with poison darts. Its silent and will be more stealthy. Wot u think? Definately one for a test.

Later, Judge.

A crossbow a la Half Life would be cool. And why not an old WW2 era sniper rifle? Slow reload, but great damage, or something. I dunno.

Can't wait to see the final product.

crossbow sounds cool. I can have an arched trajectory from the dfired darts. Dunno how stable that will be. Some of my future levels will have rocket launcher pods built into them (ACS Scripting) so i dont think we'll be needing a rocket launcher. Maybe a machine gun similiar to the starting weapon in quake 3. Mines, possibly?

Csdoom is available from csdoom.
http://csdoom.sourceforge.net/
You might wanna check out the new version of it too...
http://www.voxelsoft.com/csdoom/
Its a bit more stable and i believe it has a different master server. Aparrently this port is still progressing, its quite unheard of and development on it is slow. At the moment im not sure if you can download its files, i think i have a build of it somewhere. MAil me at gloop@barrysworld.com and ill see if i can dig it out and send it you. The csdoom 1.3 project is being done by voxel.

Well if you're going to emphasize sniping, then mines and whatnot might not be the best idea. Traps could be implemented though. On second thought, mines could be pretty cool if implemented right. Each player should start with like a desert eagle with a scope that can't zoom much but can zoom a little, and is not very accurate. So the players start with bad snipage and make their way up. Melee weapons could be included, but short to medium range should be ignored if it's Sniper doom.

Just my $0.02

Judge said:

Csdoom is available from csdoom.
http://csdoom.sourceforge.net/
You might wanna check out the new version of it too...
http://www.voxelsoft.com/csdoom/
Its a bit more stable and i believe it has a different master server. Aparrently this port is still progressing, its quite unheard of and development on it is slow. At the moment im not sure if you can download its files, i think i have a build of it somewhere. MAil me at gloop@barrysworld.com and ill see if i can dig it out and send it you. The csdoom 1.3 project is being done by voxel.

You got it all wrong! I mean Counter-Strike Doom. Heh.

I like the idea of the Half-Lifeish sniper-crossbow.. Theres something satisfying about putting the quills to somebody. :p

Judge you have email if you haven't checked already. ;)

Woah, thnx doom_dude, yep got the mail and more importantly got the wad. Its on my PDA right now, needs transferring and putting into the game. Ill post a link to sniperdoom for definate 2morro. Wahey, (finally).

Thanx once again doom_dude. IVe seen the map and its just awesome, better than my own version. Havnt tested it yet online in multiplayer, Im sure it'll be as fine as it always is.

Cya, Judge.

Roger that Judge and your welcome. We'll all be lookin for the link tomorrow. ;)

Now I can get back to my other stuff. :p

Will post a link up here by the end of today for definate. Just thought id give you the update. The documentation is a bit skimpy, ie:- None. However. Im working on it, nearly done.

Im making a site dedicated just towards sniperdoom and ill have that posted soon. At the moment it only exists on my PDA. Been having some launcher probs too, so for the moment theres no launcher except a simple one kon made. It allows you to enter the ip to connect to, we'll have this adressed soon.

The version number is 3.1f. This is the most stable release ive got. I do have a version 2.0 with some improved features but its not really ready for download. Ill put the source code up in about a week.

Cya all soon in a Sniper match!

Judge.