Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

Dwdf1 wad

This is the first wad made for this Forum, Doomworld Demo Forum 1.
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/dwdf1.zip

I have an exclusive quote from the author: "It sucks" says he.
should work with any engine. have fun!

ps. don't feel bad if no one does a demo for it. Someone will do a better wad for this Forum, and then we'll see some demos. :)

Heh, I played it just now, it does suck :P
/me spanks Opulent
EDIT: However, there is no denying it is indeed rather addictive... :)

Here's a short simple little speedrunning specific level I made the other day for my own amusement. I decided it would be just as good as Opulent's level for being a wad for this forum :)

dwdbf1.zip

DooMBoy said:

Heh, I played it just now, it does suck :P
/me spanks Opulent

You are quite correct. :)
thanks for playing it!

DooMBoy said:

Here's a short simple little speedrunning specific level I made the other day for my own amusement. I decided it would be just as good as Opulent's level for being a wad for this forum :)

send it please, I'd like to see it. (please don't attach wadfiles, only demos)

I've downloaded it, but so far have only played it "normally".

I suppose you really want us to run through all the gunfire and explosions and exit with 1% health though. ;)

I wonder what Pacifist would be like...

It looks like it might be fun, yes. Hard to say more than that without more playing though - this is clearly a map that stands or falls on how well it plays, since you're not there for the site-seeing. :)

DooMBoy's map is now attached to the post where he mentioned it. Seems someone accidentally approved the attachment. :)

Opulent said:

pacifist. :)
time to move onto a new map...

Hey GigaFast,

Great lmp! I watched it four times. :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention I did enjoy playing it in UV Max. Also did a pacifist run which went fine. The only difference is in my strafe jump I approach from my right side - remember? I'll forgive that oversight.

thank you.
heh, Gigafast... I'll never earn that title in DOOM, but it sure is a nice thought. :)
here's a fair maxdemo with a lousy clean-up... I wanted 1:00.
NOW onto another map...

edit: one curious note, that first Revenent dies from 1 rocket and extremely little colateral damage... that is really rare.

dwdf1104.zip

DooMBoy said:

Here's a short simple little speedrunning specific level I made the other day for my own amusement.

I tried this one pacifist-style. I've attached the best one I did before I got sick of getting blocked. :p

Opulent said:

NOW onto another map...

Well, you could try CGA_SP UV Max. BTW, I made it so the cyber in the central area could be telefragged, though in Max you might want to keep it alive to help with infighting. And watch out for the possible ghost PE if you make a quick dash for the berserk.

dbf1p023.zip

Grazza said:

DooMBoy's map is now attached to the post where he mentioned it. Seems someone accidentally approved the attachment. :)

whoops, I missed that whole thing.
I must be getting old. thanks for uploading. :)

Opulent said:

here's a fair maxdemo with a lousy clean-up... I wanted 1:00.

That 1:04 looks pretty good to me. My best is 1:07, and that involved what seemed like some very flukey infighting.

I'm afraid I wasn't recording, since I thought there was no way I'd manage anything at all interesting. If I try again, I'll record.

Grazza: thanks for the demos. muchas appreciado.
I looked at cga_sp... whew, that looks too rough for me to do with all those archviles(3! at the start, man! :) ; plus it isn't easy at all to get the bfg.
I see myself struggling for 8 minutes, just to catch a rocket trying to get the bfg. =/
I iddqd'd it, and had just enough ammo btw. :)
no way I'd be faster than your speedruns... so I can't promise any demos yet.

Opulent said:

I see myself struggling for 8 minutes, just to catch a rocket trying to get the bfg. =/
I iddqd'd it, and had just enough ammo btw. :)

The idea is that you get the BFG early on, while invulnerable, with a multi-AV jump from ground level. Ideally, you'd collect the bulk cell pack by the same method, though you'd need the jumps to go quite smoothly to manage them both while using the same invul (it is possible though). Some weird things can happen in that initial period of invulnerability - you are pretty much a flying marine. :)

Thanks for confirming that ammo is (just about) OK. I thought it was quite tightly balanced from my own iddqd runs, and from one Max attempt that was going reasonably well up to a point.