Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

stylin2.wad

here's a 2:09 uv max to mark my return to the map that i first tried to demo on, i recorded it after finding that grazza had cheekily submitted a demo to the sda on this map after i "discovered" it's runability! :-) i was proud of it until i watched grazzas again and realised his is a fast max. though in -fast theres usually a lot more infighting. fortunatley i got some to help me out here too. my biggest loss of time (though offset against some wicked ssg and sg shots) is the fact that i get stuck on every corner, pillar and geneal pointy sidedef, which there's a lot of. so i could do it faster if i could replicate some of the lucky moments in this demo!

estimated time lost due to architecture and that bloody final zombie: 7 -> 9 seconds. which means the ultimate time is 2 minutes flat IMO.

sty2-209.zip

Heh, I didn't think I was being too cheeky. After all, I chose a different category. Max and -fast are really quite dissimilar, and it is hard to make direct comparisons between them.

And I credited you for drawing attention to the map.

I don't think Grazza was stepping out of line. We should all know that is forum is ONLY friendly competition. period.
not to say that we couldn't have a real competition, but it would still have a friendly tone.
There is always a danger of "stepping on someone's toes/feelings" when recording a run that they have already recorded.
so please watch out for that when you are recording, no matter who you are. crediting people in the textfile is always a cool thing to do. let's keep it friendly.
on a side note: there have been lots of fantastic stuff posted. just this 2:09 demo was fun to watch. keep it up, guys!

yeah sorry if my cheekyness re:grazza's cheekyness was taken out of context it was a friendly jovial yorkshireish jibe. on a side note, how does one go about subitting demos to the sda?

Hey, a Yorkie. I lived in Doncaster for a few years when I was a kid.
I've become dull-witted since I moved down south, and can't recognize a joke any more. :p

Nice job!! I thought the demo looked a little slow the first time I viewed it, but after having tried to improve the time meself a couple of times (a 2:11 at best) I realize it's much harder to speed through than one might think. I really like the combination weaker monsters/very limited health. It's a brilliant one. :-)

UV max 1:55 ... the minor change of route makes a bit of difference it turns out. i was thinking about this map the other night and loosing sleep i realised that if i just ran straight for the SSG and cleaned up on my way back it might be quicker. and it was. i actaully have another timesaver on this map up my sleeve but i cant get a run down under 2:05 as my fingers are numb from the cold! i now reckon the ultimate time, assuming a perfect shotgun shot every time, luck with barrels and some nice ssg linups/3 ways is going to be getting on for 1:35. i suppose i should do a -nomonsters test time...

48 seconds including getting the ssg and both secrets... heh , it's not going to help really.

sty2-155.zip

Hey, way to go! I like the improved route. Tough working in those cramped conditions.