Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexz721

Old megawad I can't find for vanilla doom 2

There's this 32-level megawad for Doom 2 that I've been searching for for years and I have no idea where to find it. I've checked almost every site imaginable, and I own most of the wads available, but not this one. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name. I believe the file was dm232.wad (no, it's not dm32r2) or something close to that. It had new music (I remember it had the star wars theme, nirvana music, and u2 music) and a couple of new graphics (I think some hexen sky graphics were added and maybe some new textures). It needed no port like zdoom, boom, or legacy to run, just pure vanilla doom 2. I remember the level 31 map looked like the author's intials, but I don't remember the letters (that might have helped), and level 32 was 4 big square outside areas, and had maybe 15 cyberdemons and a lot of imps. Also, I remember one of the levels was gigantic, probably the max it could be, indoors, with blue walls, and had at least 200 of those pink demons in it, and one of every other creature. There was also one level where you walked on the sky (there was no floor and you start on a pyramid at the beginning). If anyone knows the name of this wad or has it, I'd really be grateful if you could reply, because it was one of the most enjoyable wads I've ever played. It wasn't necessarily difficult or had great level design, but it was just fun. I figure if no one here knows what I'm talking about, then I'll probably never find it. If only I hadn't deleted it... *hits self in head*

I don't recall it, and can't find anything that fits that description, I'm afraid. Some wads just seem to vanish off the face of the earth. Someone somewhere must have a copy though, and if you've got the file name right, you might get lucky.

I've had similar problems finding some old wads, such as aboocean.wad and aboosord.wad, and the textfile for cic.wad.

alexz721 said:

I believe the file was dm232.wad (no, it's not dm32r2) or something close to that.

I'm sure you've checked the Megawads folder at 3D Gamers, which has the doom32r2.wad to which you referred (but no dm232.wad). The closest I came to finding Doom232.wad was here, but it's definitely not the one you want, as it has no new music or graphics.

Hmm, it's not there, but it's definitely a good site for some new wads I haven't seen. Thanks anyway for your help. Maybe someone else might read this and know what I'm talking about.

Me again. I'm going to elaborate on that one level I was talking about. The huge room was rectangular, the ceiling had those round yellow-white lights, and there was a Cyberdemon surrounded by about 200 of the pink biting demons. I know it sounds stupid, but this wad really was executed well, in my opinion anyway. I really hope someone recognizes it. I also remembered another level of the wad where it was a sort of bloodfalls theme with archviles in it. And by bloodfalls I mean that the entire level was very red. I'm crossing my fingers here.

Wow guys, way to ressurect the first thread I ever made here at Doomworld 9 months ago. But anyway, it's not 32.wad.